Best Online Store for 1:72 Aircraft and Armor?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Rowsdower
Officer - Brigadier General

Best Online Store for 1:72 Aircraft and Armor?

Post by Rowsdower » Sun May 06, 2012 7:38 am

I am looking for the best sites to buy pre-built 1:72 aircraft and armor. Best prices and quality service. I am getting back into the game after having to sell my collection a few years ago. I've bought stuff from Bad Cat, Small Joes and such. I like Easy Model (Yeah, I know, not diecast! :roll: ) FoV, Corgi and so-forth. 8) I never had models from the more expensive companies.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Re: Best Online Store for 1:72 Aircraft and Armor?

Post by cjg476 » Sun May 06, 2012 7:54 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: Your about to start an addiction you can't return from. The best sites are probably aikens, and flying mule. Im not sure what else, that's where I buy all mine. I just bought 14 corgi planes for $200 off ebay which is a great score. Also looking for people selling them on here or diecast hanger pub would be a good start.

I started selling off my star wars to feed my addiction.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Sun May 06, 2012 1:00 pm

I would say aikens for dragon armor, because of their free shipping, but looking around helps. In fact, I'm just in the process of moving away from 1/72 and getting more involved with FOV 1/32. I have a sizable collecion of the older initial dragon armor releases as well as the hobby master releases.

Good luck on your search. :D
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Sun May 06, 2012 1:09 pm

Heer, if you sell let me know.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun May 06, 2012 4:47 pm

Well I've always loved 1:32, since the 32x days but I have no room for the stuff. 1:72 has an easier time sharing space with my GI Joe collection.
I will check out Aikens and Flying Mule when I get a chance. Thanks guys!

BTW, my Easy Model Marines Choctaw Heli just arrived and it is really fantastic.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun May 06, 2012 6:49 pm

There are a lot of sites that carry 1:72 diecast aircraft and armor. To name just a few off the top of my head:
3000 Toys
Aikens
TheMotorPool
OnMark Diecast
BadCat
TheFlyingMule
-- and more. There are a few other random stores I've dealt with on a one-time basis, namely because they had something I was looking for at the time and couldn't find anywhere else...

Personally, I like dealing with TheFlyingMule the best. Their website is easy to use, has great product photos, and an amazing selection with both current and older releases. (TheFlyingMule is also located only about 150 miles to the north of where I live, so I tend to get cheap and fast shipping).
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Sun May 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Rowsdower wrote:Well I've always loved 1:32, since the 32x days but I have no room for the stuff. 1:72 has an easier time sharing space with my GI Joe collection.
I will check out Aikens and Flying Mule when I get a chance. Thanks guys!

BTW, my Easy Model Marines Choctaw Heli just arrived and it is really fantastic.
I kinda collected 1/72 and 1/32 german afvs side by side. I started early on my 1/72 tanks so I have some of the early dragon armour tanks. I started on FOV about 2009 and now I have almost all the vehicles I want. All I'm waiting for is the panther and the t-34/85. I already have all the "rare" and "early" 1/32 FOVs that I want. In fact, I'm afraid that I may have "completed" my collection once FOV releases their panther and t-34/85.

I stopped collecting 1/72 a few months back just because I lost the thrill. I still have them on display and they look really good, especially the earlier dragon armours. :D
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon May 07, 2012 9:35 am

Thanks guys! Great to get see some quality sites.

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Mon May 07, 2012 5:20 pm

Another site to check out is Pete's Collectibles. If you decide to use him call first and ask him to give you his coupon code so you can earn a nice discount.

snake

Post by snake » Mon May 07, 2012 9:35 pm

All good dealers mentioned, and our own American Grenadier is a great dealer to seal with as well.

Ebay will also show you these listings, including dealers.