New Forces of Valor Due May/June! (Inc. Pics!)

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Wrights Collectables
Sergeant
Sergeant

New Forces of Valor Due May/June! (Inc. Pics!)

Post by Wrights Collectables » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:56 am

Love the Protze and welcome back the Jagdpanther!

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: New Forces of Valor Due May/June! (Inc. Pics!)

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:01 am

FOV is certainly going all out this year with some new toolings and a ton of repaints. Nice that we're getting repaints of vehicles that haven't been out in a while, but I think re-releasing the "Normandy" Jagdpanther will kill the value of the original.

Cool to see the Stug III in 1:72 as well as the SDKfz 70 in 1:32. I really need to dive into the FOV trucks.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:51 am

That seems to be the case. The S2 belgium jagdpanther will probably b e much more vauable. I personally have the S3 germany version, and I personally think that it can be seen as a normandy jagdpanther, since the paintscheme is similiar. The value of the t-34 may also drop for a while as well.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Who has the cheapest FOV prices?
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:59 pm

I think that FOV's prices for 1/32 tanks this year is about $60 USD. Factoring in shipping costs maybe close to $70 USD. :(
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:03 pm

I agree Heer. If I wanted to pay that much for tanks I would have started collecting K&C, Collector's Showcase, etc. That was one thing that was so endearing about our favorite brands is that they were pretty affordable and still had a decent amount of detail. Now I find myself turned away solely because paying that mush for a tank just doesn't go over well in my head because that kind of money used to get us 2 FOV tanks.

-Kevin

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:29 pm

I remember when FOV first released their vehicles, they were $40USD, but that was 9 years ago. :shock:

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by GI546 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:49 am

I like the German Persal Carrier and the schwimmwagen. I wonder if the jagdpanther is going to have the same detailed interior like the old one.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:14 pm

GI546 wrote:I wonder if the jagdpanther is going to have the same detailed interior like the old one.
Its very likely they will use the same tooling as the originals. This is what was done on the re-release of the Pershing and some other recent repaints. Not sure what they will do with the weathering, however. The Jagdpanther is certainly one of FOV's best.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by GI546 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:56 am

I definetley agree. The jagdpanther is one of my favorite models to date. I just hope they don't screw up the weathering and paint job for everyone who missed out on the last release.