IS ALL-GO Dead?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: IS ALL-GO Dead?

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:03 pm

It was my understanding that AllGo was a "successor" company to 21c, started by former CEOs and whatnot and using what ever 21c toolings and items they still had. Their current "Wings of Glory" line, for example, uses the same toolings from the 21c 1:48 aircraft line.

Here's the scoop on the origins of the AllGo 1:32 planes from a September 2011 post by TKO211: http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/view ... &start=100
tko211 wrote:Hi everyone, I had a chance to talk briefly with the CEO of AllGo this weekend. I asked him specifically about the releases of these 1:32 planes. Here is what I got from our conversation.

1. Are these planes new planes or old stock? A: These are new / freshly minted aircraft. There were no overstock left on 1:32 planes.
2. Why no change on the stamp and copyright date? A: Mostly it's legal stuff- It needs to remain copyrighted and originally minted by 21C as the company is still phasing many of the agreements from one entity to the other. Any new molds will be minted differently.
3. Why the old box art? A: Again, it's partly some legal requirements from a license standpoint. Also, there was not enough time to engage thinktank creative (my firm) to make the required adjustments even if there was not other complications previously mentioned.
4. Why no pilots? A: Cost was one factor, that combined with the thought that it seemed the trends were moving towards placing all emphasis on the plane only.

Resolution: This was a rushed effort to put a foot back in the door using what limited resources were available. Without any mass retail support, any effort is very costly. The market is much smaller, the planes have become very costly as China has increased building costs by 3-4X more than 4 years ago. Every penny had to be evaluated. If these sell through there is indeed a plan to move ahead with more releases The next planes in 1:32 will be new paint schemes. Not new molds yet... but investments made into new paint. I was told that these would be 2 planes. And not the P-51B/C or the FW-190A. (my money is on Spitfire, P-51D, Stuka or Bf-109)

The next release will feature the new branding of All-Go and ship in an all new collector box. Pilots, based on feedback will likely now be re-included with follow on releases. If those new painted planes do well, there are plans to bring out new subjects never before offered in these scales as prebuilt, pre-painted, display toys.

The CEO thanked me for calling these to his attention and expressed his sincere thanks to everyone in the collector community for their continued support. He thanked me for my efforts to continue to build that bridge. Also wanted to express his own desire to move into new subjects as quickly as he can, recognizing that it is the only way to move ahead and strengthen the company position so that it can become a major player once again in multiple scales and subjects! Hang in there everyone. Hopefully the best is yet to come.

Hopefully this sheds some light and puts some longterm concerns to rest. I'll continue to keep everyone posted.
[/quote]

Kind of sad that this was a rushed effort that seems to have completely backfired. This line did have its troubles almost from the beginning. Obviously both aircraft were repaints (The FW-190 had been pretty common at Wal Mart, though the P-51 was originally a TRU exclusive with limited distribution). Further, they were in the old 21c boxes, had no pilot figures, and cost at least twice what they should have. Seeing what I saw with a bunch at Tuesday Morning, the QC control was at the same level as in the old 21c days.

The unoriginality, the increased cost, and poor sales obviously caused small retailers to discount the planes in half by the first of the year. In December, AllGo had a direct sale from their site for these planes because they couldn't get rid of them, and now the excess stock is at Tuesday Morning. I wonder if that would have happened had they been new paint schemes?

Whether or not this debacle means AllGo is finished is anyone's guess. We already know someone is selling off the old 21c archive materials and that they are probably related to AllGo... I assume they have access to some existing 1:48, 1:32 and 1:18 toolings, but there is no movement toward releasing much. If they go on making poorly thought-out decisions like the above, don't fix the QC issues, and don't fix distribution, they will go the way of 21c.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:17 pm

I highly suspect that marshall fellow dumping all the large scale stuff may be trying to raise capital for All-Go for a last-ditch attempt to rescue that company - and in the process is gutting the 21C legacy and any hopes of finishing up those prototypes for release.

If I'm right let's hope they aren't stupid enough to make the same set of mistakes again. They should release another Spitfire in a very different scheme and take more control over distribution - neither of those planes nor that 1/48 P51 that also released recently came near my area. What other 1/32 plane would be worth a repaint? Obviously the P-51 and the FW190 were not what the market ordered.

MZ826
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MZ826 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:32 am

As you suggested I think a spitfire would do very well, perhaps a tropical scheme.

I think the A6M2 zero's are in shortage too.... they seem to come up for sale the least and command top dollar.

Those are the first two i would buy.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:44 pm

I found a 1/32 P-51 "Shangri La" in storage that I didn't know I had. I looked it over and noticed the pilot was missing, so I assumed it was another 21st Century quality control problem. Then I rediscovered this topic and realized I have an All-Go "Shangri La".
I had forgotten all about All-Go.
I also noticed a lot of posters here are long gone.
Last edited by dragon53 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

RAD 2112
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RAD 2112 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:08 am

They had a re-release of "Shangri La" without the Pilot.

I have both releases.
There is no security in this life. There is only opportunity.
- Gen Douglas MacArthur

Safe Trader List:
Black Lion VF-213, hworth18, KWR190, nooker 21, Olifant, Tmanthegreat, Trigger1, V2 MAN, vulgarvulture, Coreyeagle48

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:07 pm

Both the All-Go 190A and Mustang did not come with pilots.

On a side note, I saw some of the 21st 1/32 pilot figures being sold in lot of 10 from china. Obviously, someone has gotten ahold of that mold.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:37 am

AllGo was such a joke... Same two 32x repaints as 21c, same boxes as 21c, no pilot figures, same if not worse QC, and for double the price. But it was great when their liquidated stock was sold off at Tuesday Morning a few years back - it was just like the old Walmart days with piles of 21c planes :D I picked up 2-3 each of the P-51s and FW-190s to keep boxes or use for parts.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."