Hobby Master 1/32 Douglas SBD-3 Dauntless Vejtasa Edition

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General

Hobby Master 1/32 Douglas SBD-3 Dauntless Vejtasa Edition

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:24 pm

Greetings:

This 1/32 Hobby Master Dauntless was a Christmas gift, my first model added to my collection since my grandfather passed away. This Dauntless was flown by Lt. Stanley Vejtasa from the USS Yorktown during the Battle of the Coral Sea. It was a signature edition from Hobby Master with Vejtasa signing the stands. It comes in the standard box with the standard Hobby Master pilots and accessories for the other Dauntlesses. The canopies can be opened but I leave them closed to keep the dust out of them.

The scheme is TERRIFIC. The paint and details on this model are absolutely perfect. Probably one of the nicest schemes released by Hobby Master in the 1/32 Dauntless series. Something about the star & circle markings and the stripes on the rudder I really like.

Here are some pictures of this beauty. The flash from my camera makes the plane look much brighter than it really is.

Corey

Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

plasticgeneral
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: Hobby Master 1/32 Douglas SBD-3 Dauntless Vejtasa Editio

Post by plasticgeneral » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:25 am

Nice shots, but what about the PILOTS? Can they be removed? I would love to see a closeup of the pilots removed and a shot of the cockpit. If it's not too much trouble. TankX, you might convince me to go for it. $$?

snake

Post by snake » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:38 am

Awesome Dauntless Corey. 8)

And the only signature edition they have done. A great Christmas gift, that I am sure you really appreciate. Only 300 units done, so very rare as well.

I have four of these HM 1/32 Dauntless, I like them that much. Pre war yellow winged Lexington, and three Midway and later versions.

Fantastic model, but fairly pricey. And HM has done a fine job of covering the various liveries that this important aircraft flew in.

http://hobbymastercollector.com/1-32sca ... xpage.html

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by nooker21 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:35 am

The pilots are removable, and you'll probably want to set them aside, because they aren't very detailed.