COLLECTORS OF 1:32, GIVE IN !!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
plasticgeneral
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

COLLECTORS OF 1:32, GIVE IN !!

Post by plasticgeneral » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:28 am

My fellow DIE-HARD collectors of 1:32, WW2. I feel your pain. 21st Century Toys is out of business. Forces of Valor hardly produces anything new or exciting anymore. Blue Box Toys has only released 2 items EVER! Finally our last great hope, ALL-GO Toys, looks like its going to drop the ball. It's a sad time for our hobby, BUT, there is hope!! You'll have to bend just a little, I was resistant at first, but once you give in, your collection will explode with excitement and everything you ever wanted will finally be on your shelf. The answer is sometimes, 1/35 scale !
I'm NOT suggesting you buy a 1/35 Tiger and place it next to your 1:32 tiger, no fuckin way, that would be wrong.
There are tonnes of 1/35 items with nothing to compare them to, like the MAUS for example or the German THOR Mortar by Dragon. Japanese tanks, large artillery pieces, Large D-Day landing crafts, not to mention all the large 1/35 torpedo boats by Italeri. 1:32 figures easily can stand on their decks and you would never notice the difference! I just bought a 1/35 STRUM TIGER kit, it now sits next to my 1:32 21st Cent. TIGER I and it blends in just fine. Better than NO STRUM TIGER! What do you guys think about THAT open minded philosophy?

Plastic General

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: COLLECTORS OF 1:32, GIVE IN !!

Post by Heer » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:19 am

Actually, I have high hopes for FOV this year, considering FOV is now announcing monthly releases, not annual releases. There are rumors that FOV might make an FOV panther 8) this year, and I already have my eyes set on the eastern front tiger :D . I still have high hopes for FOV as they are the sole survivor in the 1/32 arena.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

plasticgeneral
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by plasticgeneral » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:26 am

Are we talking RE-PAINTS or NEW TOOLING?

miggles
Corporal
Corporal

Post by miggles » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:56 am

I hope All-Go will rally, although they have been silent. Plus I heard that BBI , JG or one of those might get into 1:32.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving."

-Col. Walter E Kurtz

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:20 am

First things first, All-Go Toys IS 21st Century Toys thay just changed their name after the whole JSI incident and as for 1/35 and 1/32 (FOR ME) the scale diffrence is just to gread im real big on scale... I tried the whole 1/32 with 1/35 before now i got me a new customs base sherman and flatbed simi.
WESTERN OKLAHOME R/C AIRCRAFT & MODEL COLLECTER

[CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW MY COLLECTIONS]

http://forums.fighting118th.com/album.php?u=363

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:24 am

Though I have a lot of it from the good old days at Walmart, I'm not much of an armor collector these days. I think I've got enough tanks and armor in that scale.
It would be nice to get some more support vehicles, which FOV is inching along with barely.

We haven't seen any 1:32 pre-built planes for a while. I still have hope that Allgo, BBI, or someone would step up, but meantime, if I'm going to build any models the 1:32 aircraft are still moving along quite nicely with Revell leading the way (they pretty much started the 1:32 scale) with quite a few twin engine bombers and even the old kits are still available though dated at least as good as any 21stC in accuracy and even moving parts such as retractable landing gear.

Other model companies are following the lead with quite a few new aircraft, so 1:32 seems to be gaining momentum quite nicely there.

A lot of cool helicopters in 1:35 though, like Hinds, Chinnooks etc., so that is tempting, but no need for me to give in yet. 1:32 rules in airplanes anyways.

It's frustrating to not see any pre-builts lately, when with the prices of 1:18 getting out of reach of the average collector, the time is right for 1:32 to go gangbusters in my opinion, in both armor and especially aircraft, but nobody listens to us. :?
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:49 am

Well im more of an aircraft collector myself and 32nd is looking like the way to go no and sense my 32 collection is all ww2 i think im going to go to modern especially sense i noticed a 1/32 B-1 on sell for $40 at hobby lobby and an F-15C for $25 i think that'll be my next move im tired of waiting for the toy companys im going back to kits.....
WESTERN OKLAHOME R/C AIRCRAFT & MODEL COLLECTER

[CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW MY COLLECTIONS]

http://forums.fighting118th.com/album.php?u=363

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Wrights Collectables
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Wrights Collectables » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:50 am

Heer wrote:Actually, I have high hopes for FOV this year, considering FOV is now announcing monthly releases, not annual releases. There are rumors that FOV might make an FOV panther 8) this year, and I already have my eyes set on the eastern front tiger :D . I still have high hopes for FOV as they are the sole survivor in the 1/32 arena.
Yes, this is exactly my thoughts. FoV had a slow year last year, but already this year they are set to release some solid stuff. Lets not forget its January, and already we know they are releasing 5-6 new models (repaints/retools). New models will take a little longer to produce, lets see what they release in Q2 2012.

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:21 pm

It is always more fun to try to get something that is tough to find. As another Board Member told me it is the "thrill of the hunt" he enjoys or the "score". So I guess if the stuff was too available it would take away the adventure or quest and the importance of the piece. The more scarce an item, the more we want it. Now if you have nearly everything out there....

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

plasticgeneral
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by plasticgeneral » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:49 pm

I AM that guy that has almost everything! Except for a few holy grails. Thats why I cheat with 1/35 scale to fill the holes 0f 1/32.
But I wont reveal my holy grails until I score them.

snake

Post by snake » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:01 am

For aircraft Corgi have released a desert scheme Me 109, Robert Doe Spitfire, and the "Amiens raid" Mosquito should be out in a couple of months. They are also doing an RAF Mustang shortly.

HM continue to do new releases of their Dauntless.

Granted, these are all repaints of existing molds, but it's something.

Not an armour guy, but have a few. Mix of FOV 1/32, and Dragon 1/35, so I don't have any problem with mixing the two scales. :wink:

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:10 pm

Mixing 1/35 vehicles and 1/32 vehicles is like 1/50 and 1/48. It just doesn't look right. I never understood the 1/43 craze with die cast cars and trucks. Seems an odd scale. 1/48 is so simple, 1/4"=1'. The few supposed 1/48 vehicles that were out from I think, 21st Century (at least the packaging looked like theirs) seemed way too big for 1/48 and more like 1/43. Gorgi's "Fighting Machines" Jeeps and Kubelwagen look real close to 1/48.

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:58 pm

snake wrote:For aircraft Corgi have released a desert scheme Me 109, Robert Doe Spitfire, and the "Amiens raid" Mosquito should be out in a couple of months. They are also doing an RAF Mustang shortly.

HM continue to do new releases of their Dauntless.

Granted, these are all repaints of existing molds, but it's something.

Not an armour guy, but have a few. Mix of FOV 1/32, and Dragon 1/35, so I don't have any problem with mixing the two scales. :wink:
I just got my Heinz Ludemann Me-109G-2 Trop "Black 6" in the mail a few days ago. It really goes well with the 21st Century Otto Schulz.

-Kevin

plasticgeneral
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by plasticgeneral » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:20 am

Lets NOT get off topic, boys!
The QUESTION IS, CAN WE COMPRISE with scale TO STAY SATISFIED?

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:27 am

No. I will not. If I run out of 1/32 to collect then my collection is, in my mind, complete.

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:04 am

In certain instances I think you can mix scales, but you have to do it wisely. Someone mentioned before you can use a smaller scale as a background piece or often a supposed 1/35 piece is pretty darn close to being 1/32. That also applies to some supposed 1/30 pieces. I have some early K&C Panzers, which are much closer to 1/32 and they work well with my Britains, Frontline and FOV. I think you just have to really scrutinize what you are attempting to do. Another example is buildings and terrain. You can at times mix and match scales.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:33 am

Mixing the scales in that manner only works if you have sufficient depth of space. My shelves are only deep enough for one vehicle so they would still essentially be side-by-side and the differences noticeable.

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Understood. That's why you really have to check things out/ scrutinize...
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

plasticgeneral
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by plasticgeneral » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:16 pm

I have to be honest, I fuckin HATE IT when the scales don't match perfectly, BUT I ENDURE!