FOV crazy prices (again)!!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

FOV crazy prices (again)!!

Post by Heer » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Saw this auction of the FOV ardennes stug which I got a few weeks back. I only paid $45 shipped. This guy paid...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Forces-Valor-1- ... 1c21b8cdf0

Again, LOL prices. Seriously, this guy is paying $100!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by Heer on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

[CAT]CplSlade
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: FOV cracy prices (again)!!

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Hopefully he'll enjoy it twice as much as you.

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:31 pm

Yeah, it's prices like this that are making me question whether I should sell off some of my NIB pieces. I have OOB versions of them all as well, and I sure wouldn't mind getting paid the premium prices these things seem to be demanding. Heck, it might make my wife happy to clear up some closet space too lol!

-Kevin

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:20 pm

I have this ardennes stug unboxed. I bought mine from a dealer in China, but I didn't know that it's worth $80 USD. I don't think that this piece is rare or anything, but then again, I don't really check US webstores. I usually purchase overseas because I have a good relation with one of the dealers in China.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:06 pm

It's difficult to believe people will pay what they do. These pieces are readily available for significantly less if you look around. Who said "there is a sucker born every minute"?
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

Charlemagne
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Charlemagne » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:57 pm

Crap....I wonder what my original FOV King Tiger would go for??....amazing price considering these are not the greatest of economic of times,
“Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.”
- George S. Patton

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: FOV crazy prices (again)!!

Post by Heer » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:20 pm

Here is more nonsense:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Forces-Valor-1- ... 1212899359

Might be just a trick to bump prices up because it's Christmas. Seriously $190 for a motorcycle, a motorcycle???? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
People must be insane these days. Must be approaching 2012 or something. lol