Thief Amongst Us

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Thief Amongst Us

Post by rmoore456 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:13 pm

Someone in central Illinois is buying the 1/32 kits on clearance and swapping them with cold steel vehicles. Found two at the Bloomington, Illinois Walmart. One was the Chaffe at least the right vehicle was in the right box. The other was a Pz III in an 88 Gun box. The Chaffe was held in place by two brown rubber bands. The Pz III on the other hand had a platform made of brown cardboard with the tank twist tied to it. Seems like a lot of work to save $6.

Ray

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:01 pm

Too bad, but its not the first time that this has happened. Wal Mart should envoke a little more stingent policies for their returns. Something being held in by rubber bands instead of the plastic ties is just wrong.

21c puts pictures of the approporiate vehicle on the boxes of its 1:18 armor and aircraft - if they would just do that for the 1:32 pieces, this sort of theft may be easier to spot. I have an idea of the average intelligence level of many Wal Mart employees, but if a picture was on the box, I'm sure one could tell a tank apart from a field gun :roll:

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:50 am

tmanthegreat wrote:Too bad, but its not the first time that this has happened. Wal Mart should envoke a little more stingent policies for their returns. Something being held in by rubber bands instead of the plastic ties is just wrong.

21c puts pictures of the approporiate vehicle on the boxes of its 1:18 armor and aircraft - if they would just do that for the 1:32 pieces, this sort of theft may be easier to spot. I have an idea of the average intelligence level of many Wal Mart employees, but if a picture was on the box, I'm sure one could tell a tank apart from a field gun :roll:
Dont be so sure about that. If you seen the not so looking smart people in my area WM.
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Thief

Post by rmoore456 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:06 pm

little iodine 1 wrote:It wasnt me :D
I'm in Springfield, but I would like to know, any Japanese figures, Sherman Coeds or Hanomags in your AO????
LI1
Found the Japanese at the Allen Road Walmart in Peoria. Haven't seen the others yet.

Ray

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:57 pm

I t's hard enough for our Wallyworld people to even comprehend what we are talking about when we ask for certain toys. Most of the girls running the toy departments don't know a Tiger tank from a Sherman. :roll:

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:32 am

Walmart will never straighten up when it comes to ensuring that a specific item is exactly whats contained within a package being returned, quite simply put, they don't care. I tell ya though, I've seen much more of this across the board recently, not just relating to toys/collectibles, but rather electronics, etc. There are some enterprising criminals who even go to the extent of purchasing shrink wrap machines so they can rewrap items afer removing/swapping, and this seems to be gaining in the software/dvd area. I had purchased a PC game at Best Buy, went home opened the box (not shrinkwrapped) and proceeded to remove the jewel case (was shrinkwrapped) only to find a Sesame Street DVD in the case, not even manufactured by the same company so it certainly couldn't be a case of accidental insertion. Imagine the Managers face at Best Buy when I tried to convince her that I found this thing, I was being treated like I was attempting to pull one over on her, upon which I complained to Corporate about the way the accusatory manner in which I was treated, and received a $100.00 gift card, to which I made a point to go back to that same store, and left a copy of the letter Corporate sent, for the Mgr to see. It's getting bad out there, and with every method manuf. can think of to try and stop this behavior, the criminal mind is always one step ahead. Walmart should take some lessons from Best Buy..lol

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:10 am

I purchased a Gameboy game cartidge at TRU once. When I went out to the parking lot, my son wanted to play it right away. I opened up the box(it was all sealed)and there was no cartridge inside. I went right back in and the woman at the returns/customer service desk acted like I was stealing from them. They did give me another game which I had them open it there before I took it. Now, whenevr I buy anything like that, which is sealed, I have the sales person open it to make sure the right stuff is in there. I have noticed tampering with the 1:32 21st Century play sets. The boxes are opened and stuff is missing from them, especially at WM.

TJ

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:05 am

Struck again. This time he put the S1 Me109 and Me262 in the newest issue boxes.

Ray

mikeg

one more goody fer ya--

Post by mikeg » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:20 pm

a 1/18th panzer iv box with a dime store psuedomilitary looking vehicle jammed in it, the box has clear packing tape plastered on both sides. After the numbnuts allowed a return on the "tank", they were gracious enough to put a big red SALE-30.00 roundel on the box. Now thats knowing how to do it....

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:16 pm

Fortunately none of this has happened to me yet but I'll definitely let corporate hqrs.,or the store manager know if it does.