New Merit 1/350 USS Hornet (CV-8) Pre-built model at iHobby

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: New Merit 1/350 USS Hornet (CV-8) Pre-built model at iHo

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:00 pm

Greetings

This is neat. Glad to see a Midway version. I don't usually collect ships but the Midway one has me hooked and the planes are prebuilt...how awesome.

What would be the correct aircraft complement for the Hornet?

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Coreyeagle48 wrote:What would be the correct aircraft complement for the Hornet?
A blurb posted on the Badcat site reads:

According to Captain Marc. A. Mitscher in his combat action report, the Hornet carried 27 F4Fs, 35 SDBs, and 15 TBDs into the Battle of Midway.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jim@Merit
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jim@Merit » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:47 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Badcat has their preorder up for the Hornet: http://www.badcattoys.com/shipsandsubs.html

They've listed it for $129.99 with free shipping, so a little cheaper than the shop above. Aparently, there are two versions of the ship: A Doolittle Raid version and a Midway version. The planes are sold seperate and the set of 16 B-25s costs $34.99.

I think I'm going to dive for the Doolittle version, particularly as Badcat is offering free shipping :wink:
Very sorry for not following up with the board. Although this is may be old news by now. The Doolittle Raid version of the Midway does come with 12 "Little" B-25. The original Doolittle Raid had 16 but we are only able to include 12 Pre Built n Pre Painted B-25 in order to offer at MSRP of $133.00. We thank you for the support from all of you collectors and we are happy that the Doolittle version is already sold out at our end.

Besides the attention from collectors, our 1/350 USS Hornet had also caught attention from the organizers of an up coming event. Will make the announcement once we get the green light.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Jim@Merit wrote:
tmanthegreat wrote:Badcat has their preorder up for the Hornet: http://www.badcattoys.com/shipsandsubs.html

They've listed it for $129.99 with free shipping, so a little cheaper than the shop above. Aparently, there are two versions of the ship: A Doolittle Raid version and a Midway version. The planes are sold seperate and the set of 16 B-25s costs $34.99.

I think I'm going to dive for the Doolittle version, particularly as Badcat is offering free shipping :wink:
Very sorry for not following up with the board. Although this is may be old news by now. The Doolittle Raid version of the Midway does come with 12 "Little" B-25. The original Doolittle Raid had 16 but we are only able to include 12 Pre Built n Pre Painted B-25 in order to offer at MSRP of $133.00. We thank you for the support from all of you collectors and we are happy that the Doolittle version is already sold out at our end.

Besides the attention from collectors, our 1/350 USS Hornet had also caught attention from the organizers of an up coming event. Will make the announcement once we get the green light.

Jim, are you sure it comes with 12? I bought mine from Badcat last month when they first came out and it only came with 6. Might want to check that number again.

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Is it worth buying overall? I was thinking about getting one, would like feedback about it if you would.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

Jim@Merit
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jim@Merit » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:13 pm

Jim, are you sure it comes with 12? I bought mine from Badcat last month when they first came out and it only came with 6. Might want to check that number again.[/quote]

Hi CW4USARMY

Thank you for your support. There are 12 B-25 with each of the Doolittle Raid version of the USS Hornet. They are packed 6 each with life boats in each of the 2 white boxes designed to secure the USS Hornet model in the packaging. Please check the other white box, they should be in there and let me know the outcome. Thank you.

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:39 pm

WESTERN OKLAHOME R/C AIRCRAFT & MODEL COLLECTER

[CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW MY COLLECTIONS]

http://forums.fighting118th.com/album.php?u=363

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Jim@Merit wrote:Jim, are you sure it comes with 12? I bought mine from Badcat last month when they first came out and it only came with 6. Might want to check that number again.
Jim@Merit wrote:Hi CW4USARMY

Thank you for your support. There are 12 B-25 with each of the Doolittle Raid version of the USS Hornet. They are packed 6 each with life boats in each of the 2 white boxes designed to secure the USS Hornet model in the packaging. Please check the other white box, they should be in there and let me know the outcome. Thank you.

Thanks Jim, I already threw the box away and am sure I checked everywhere, but did not know how many was supposed to come with it at the time. It's OK. It's still a very cool display and Im happy with the 6 of them. I can buy more later.

Again, really appreciate you coming on here and communicating with all of us.
Last edited by CW4USARMY on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks Derek, I may have to get some of each just because they look so good on display. :D

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:54 pm

CW4USARMY wrote:
Thanks Derek, I may have to get some of each just because they look so good on display. :D
Post pictures when you get them id love to see them on display..
WESTERN OKLAHOME R/C AIRCRAFT & MODEL COLLECTER

[CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW MY COLLECTIONS]

http://forums.fighting118th.com/album.php?u=363

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams