Run on 32x Aircraft!!!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Run on 32x Aircraft!!!

Post by hworth18 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:11 am

I ventured back to the Super Walmart in my AO that carries the best selection of Ultimate Soldier stuff today to find the 32x shelf almost clean!!!
When I stopped in there last week, there were about 10 planes sitting on the shelves.. When I arrived today, there were only 2 planes left.. One was the Red 3 Fw-190 which I assume was retocked last night and a broken Bf-109, and that was it.. Needless to say, I was quite surprised,
and quite happy because I was looking for another Red 3 so my trip wasn't wasted.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:09 am

That sort of stuff happens in my AO all the time. I saw the S2 marines one day, then the next day when I went to get a few, they were almost gone! Same story with the 32x planes, though the FW-190s did get restocked... Guess it means that when you find something at WM that you want, you had better get it then, no questions asked!

Then there's the other stuff that just sits around for ever. One WM in my area has had the same Desert M2 Bradleys sitting on the top shelf for over a year. I don't think they've been discounted either, but then one can't tell when they are stashed 8 feet above the floor.

oberstengel
Private First Class
Private First Class

FW 190-A8

Post by oberstengel » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:27 pm

I'd love to see 21st or Corgi do a FW 190-A8 in 32 scale.

hworth18

Re: FW 190-A8

Post by hworth18 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:34 pm

oberstengel wrote:I'd love to see 21st or Corgi do a FW 190-A8 in 32 scale.
I agree.. That would be something open for MANY repaints..
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:50 pm

Went to the Super Walmart tonight and the 6-8 32x planes there just a few days ago are now gone.. Nothing but an empty shelf, but the Toy manager said she could "special" order something if I needed it.. :wink:
I will check back with it next week to see if it has the new reapints in and go from there.. :?
-Howard Stark

Slobodon.Ginfizz
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Slobodon.Ginfizz » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:29 pm

Nothing but an empty shelf, but the Toy manager said she could "special" order something if I needed it.. Wink

Did she kinda rub herself when she said that? :|

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:09 pm

I'm still waiting on the P-47 "Eileen" to come in,around here,at "Wally-world".Got "Eaglestons" P-47 and 2 FW-190's "Candy-cane" and "michealski's",still need the other one though.Got just about everything else.
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:32 am

Went to a Wallyworld last night looking for the White 5 Me-262.. They had the Angie P-47 and Miss Marylynn P-51.. I thought they might have restocked over night so I went back.. Shelf was CLEAN!!
The way these things used to sit, I thougt maybe I was the only one buying them.. Now, I am sure I am not.. :?

This "hunt for White 5" is turning into a Crusade real quick!! :shock:
-Howard Stark

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:36 pm

I got lucky with the "White 5" ME-262. I was in the Wal Mart in my AO that usually never carries any 21c products, let alone the new stuff. Then, way up on the top shelf, I noticed three 32x Xtreme Wings boxes. Not wanting to go through the trouble of finding an employee with a ladder, I stood on a shopping cart and was just able to get at the boxes - an "Angie" P-47, "Tropical" ME-109, and "White 5" ME-262! No P-51 or FW-190. The remaining boxes were gone two days later. I've also seen other items disappear quickly, so I know there are others that get this stuff in my AO as well. At least there's the small retailers.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:51 am

I finally found "White 5" and I picked up the RAF P-40 just in case today.. So, my crusade or Quest is finally over, for now at least.. :shock:
-Howard Stark