New brass machine guns?????

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
binder001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

New brass machine guns?????

Post by binder001 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:01 am

OK, we have FoV vehicles, some older21C vehicles, some old Mongram 1/32nd kits with some re-releases by Revell-Monogram, including some Renwal 1/32nd kits. What do all these have in common? Their US .50 caliber machine guns are horrible representations! Back in the "old days" there was a series of cast brass 1/32nd machine guns by Cal-Scale, later Commander's Brass. These are beautiful castings but are basically impossible to get anymore. While at the recent convention of the International Plastic Modelers' Society in Omaha I struck up a conversation with a young man about his cast bronze parts for airplanes. I mentioned that I wish we had more stuff in 1/32nd, even though the market is small. It turns out that his pattern maker DID those brass MGs. He might consider re-doing those guns. Is anyone else interested? My hope is that he will start with the US M2HB Brownings, then move on to other guns such as the .30 Browning and the German MG34. I hope that I am not the only voice crying in the wilderness for better guns for these tanks, halftracks, etc. Post here and let me know, please

Gary B.

PanzerArm
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: New brass machine guns?????

Post by PanzerArm » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:34 am

I think they were called Collector's Brass after the abandonment of the Cal-Scale Combat series name. I have been interested in these accessories (tools as well as weapons) since I learned about them several years ago. Definitely hard to come by, but worth the extra effort/expense. I used some of that stuff on mt 1/32 British Achilles custom. You could defintely count me on the list of interested parties though Gary.

-Kevin

binder001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: New brass machine guns?????

Post by binder001 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:08 pm

Yup. Usually I associate the "Collector's Brass" name with the series of the guns and accessories that were redesigned to 1/35th scale.