1/32 Corgi Mosquito-Big Sucker

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

1/32 Corgi Mosquito-Big Sucker

Post by DocTodd » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:16 pm

I just got my Corgi 1/32 Mosquito. It is pretty big. The box is huge. It has some fine detail with moving undercarriage, flaps, aelerons, rudder, elevator, removable engine covers with fairly detailed engines, opening bomb bay doors to name a few. The only negative I see are the props are the same. Unlike the 1/18 p-38 where the pitch is opposite on each prop the blades are the same which may not be correct because I suspect these props were counter rotating to keep the plane ballanced. Correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise another fine 1/32 model from Corgi.
Todd

Bruzzer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bruzzer » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:26 pm

I picked up one from the Onmark sale a couple of weeks ago, very nice plane. My 1/32 airforce is growing fast, with the new 21 st planes. I'll have to get a few pics of those up one of these days.

Hoverbug
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Hoverbug » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:50 pm

It is actually rare to have counter-rotating props on a twin as it requires two different engines and thus two entirely different supply chains, assembly lines, etc., thus greatly increasing the cost and maintenance effort. The only time it is noticed is if one engine is lost, there will be a bit more pull into the "critical engine" but most of these aircraft had power and rudder to spare, so it wan't a particularly huge issue. Contrary to what you might think when reflecting on a single engine, torque is not doubled on a twin as it isn't torquing around the axis/CG.

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:53 pm

Thanks for the info Hoverbug.
Todd