Hobby Master May Releases

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Hobby Master May Releases

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun May 15, 2011 3:55 pm

I haven't heard much from the usual suspects regarding the latest Hobby Master releases for May. We've got a few nice repaints and a new tooling that have just come out.

At my local hobby store, I recently picked up the USAF A-26C and F-5. The A-26C is quite a nice compliment to "Stinky" with its glazed nose, cockpit canopy, and Korean War nightfighting black paint. It really looks nice.

I'm also quite impressed with the F-5 in the VF-111 "Sundowners" scheme. I've always liked the F-5 and the HM model captures the simplicity of the design and with the VF-111 Agressors scheme, gives it a flashy look.

There's also a new F-111 and F3F1 scheme as well.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

snake

Re: Hobby Master May Releases

Post by snake » Sun May 15, 2011 7:20 pm

Good call on getting the Korean A-26, tman. Looks much better than "Stinky" The Sundowners F-5 is a looker as well, but the price does seem a little high for such a small model.

Got a couple more F-111's inbound right now, but that is about it from HM. Although they continue to produce some very desirable models, with lots of schemes.

Spent my money this month on both of the New Phantoms from XPlus. A new company which is basically a high end Century Wings company. Not cheap, but the level of detail is excellent. 8) Better than the Hobby Master F-4, and the price reflects this. But the best F-4 available in diecast.

Sundowners F-4

F-4EJ "Black Panthers" This thing is covered with many, many stencils. Lots of work to do this.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Re: Hobby Master May Releases

Post by chunks » Mon May 16, 2011 8:55 pm

I just received their 1/48 Hawker Fury, quite nice, though I'm not sure about the difference in the wing incidence from the upper and lower wing. Still I'll snag the Portuguese repaint when it's released.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..