King & Country Eagle Squadron 1/30 Supermarine Spitfire

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General

King & Country Eagle Squadron 1/30 Supermarine Spitfire

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:43 pm

Greetings

Recently purchased this one from King and Country. 1/30 Supermarine Spitfire in the markings of William Dunn and Eagle Squadron. Really nice model. Paint application and weather is excellent. Markings are crisp and clear. Great figure of Dunn in the cockpit. Model makes a nice compliment to the earlier Spitfire released. Large size is great, big but not overpowering big.

Here are some pictures.

Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

tmanthegreat

Re: King & Country Eagle Squadron 1/30 Supermarine Spitfire

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Simply fantastic 8)

Makes my 21c 32x version of Dunn's aircraft look like garbage (but then it very nearly was :P ) Does the K&C plane have any working features like retractable gear? The paintjob, weathering, and exterior detail look wonderful and its got to be quite heavy.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

snake

Post by snake » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:54 pm

Very nice Corey. 8)

Although the landing gear don't look to have enough of an outward angle to them, and that tail wheel is huge.

Other than that, looks great. 8)

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:41 pm

Pilot figure, from what I could tell, also looks outstanding!
That's one negative of the Corgi 1/32 aircraft - The pilots seated in the cockpit look almost "toyish" while the standing figures (aircrew, etc) are quite good (IMO).

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:29 pm

Surprisingly enough, I think this one looks pretty good!

I saw photos of the K&C Fw 190 in some recent magazines and it looked (to my eyes) terrible. I thought that their Spitfire would be equally terrible, but it would seem as though I am wrong. Those things must weigh a tonne.

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:18 pm

Greetings

I have several of them. I have the 2 Hurricanes, 2 Spitfires, the FW-190, the ME-109 and the P-51B. Of the ones I have, the P-51B in my opinion is the worst in terms of overall look and detail. The Hurricanes are decent, the FW-190 is decent and the Spitfires to me are the best of the bunch. I have yet to get the ME-163, ME-108 or the ME-262 but I am not impressed with the 262 and the ME-108 just doesn't interest me that much.

Like any model out there, these have their good points and bad points. The one thing I do like about them is the paint schemes are well done and they are sturdy (provided you don't drop them). The worst thing to me about the 21st planes was I broke half the parts on them within a week after owning them, they were way too delicate, and none of the small parts seemed to stay properly secured. The Hobby Master 1/32 Dauntless models are nice but suffer from the same problem, and the part fit is very poor for a model that runs about $150 in my opinion. I don't have a Corgi plane so I can't compare with them. The bad part of the King and Country planes would be the lack of moving parts and the cost. But they are nice shelf pieces. In my opinion, I'd personally rather have models that are sturdy and well built but present nice without all the small breakable or easy to get lost pieces. But that is me.

I liked the Spitfires and the Hurricanes the best personally. The 190 really isn't that bad either. I believe a P-47 razorback is their next model.

Regards

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

skyraider
Corporal
Corporal

Post by skyraider » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:36 pm

Wow, look at that tailwheel . Looks like it belongs on a Lancaster not a Spitfire. :)
Dylan