hang this hornet

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Black_Dragon_One
Officer - Brigadier General

hang this hornet

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:33 am

whats up doc....

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: hang this hornet

Post by NWarty » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:03 am

Snake, (Our Resident Hornet Hoarder) :lol:
Any of your F/A-18's painted up in RCAF markings?

snake

Re: hang this hornet

Post by snake » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:55 pm

NWarty wrote:Snake, (Our Resident Hornet Hoarder) :lol:
Any of your F/A-18's painted up in RCAF markings?
:lol:

Unfortunately, none of my 1/18 F-18's are customs. I would LOVE to have a CF-18 like that one hanging, done. Perhaps if TKO, or another customizer was willing to do this, I would be all over it. I have a couple of spare Golden Dragons that I could use to be customized. :wink:

I would want it done in operational squadron markings, as the demo aircraft are too flashy IMO. And an operational scheme would be easier to do as well.

Now you have me thinking. I might just contact TKO, and one other guy that I know in regards to this.

I DO have three Franklin Mint 1/48 CF-18's, and they are in the operational schemes. These were special commissions, and are very low runs. 200/ 250 and 250. These are significant chunks of diecast, and are pretty heavy. And due to the rarity, and the fact that FM are not doing aircraft any more, are quite valuable. 8)

There are no CF-18's done in 1/72. Dragon does a nice Hornet, and Super Hornet, and I have about 8 of these.

However, Hobby Master have announced that they will be doing the F-15, F-16 and F-18 in the near future. And Hobby Master are known to do many different schemes of aircraft, and from different countries as well. I think it is only a matter of time until we see a CF-18 from Hobby Master. 8) :D

Of course this is one demo scheme that I wouldn't mind. He put on quite a show. :lol: