New releases from Witty Wings for 2011

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

New releases from Witty Wings for 2011

Post by ostketten » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:44 am

New paint schemes for the WW 1/72 scale SU-27 Flanker, F-14 Tomcat, Mig-29 Fulcrum, and A-7 Corsair are on tap for early next year. All of these are currently up for pre-order at either the Mule or Aiken's and perhaps Rezzed's Collectibles ebay store will have them too. The Flanker and Mig-29 schemes are pretty cool and I'll probably add these to my collection. Hope you guys had a very Merry Christmas with lots of new toys under the tree.... :lol: 8)

SU-27 Flanker: http://www.merit-intl.com/month/wty-72014-14.htm

F-14 Tomcat: http://www.merit-intl.com/month/wty-72009-18.htm

Mig-29 Fulcrum: http://www.merit-intl.com/month/wty-72019-14.htm

A-7 Corsair: http://www.merit-intl.com/month/wty-72024-04.htm
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: New releases from Witty Wings for 2011

Post by gouchy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:55 am

oooh.. Fulcrum and Flanker! 8)

I'm very keen on these 2, wonder if they come with the new optional gear as opposed to fixed?

Sure the molds for these 2 classic russian jets can be improved but beggars cant be choosers and they're good enough for me

Thanks for the heads up Ostketten :D
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:08 am

oooh.. Fulcrum and Flanker!

I'm very keen on these 2, wonder if they come with the new optional gear as opposed to fixed?
All of the WW "Series 2" planes have the gear up/down option, which means the F-14 & Corsair will have it. The Flanker and Mig are not listed at the Mule as "Series 2" which I assume means they'll be fixed gear, but you never know. I don't mind the fixed gear, WW does a great job with their fixed gear, they're solidly mounted and STRAIGHT, which is more than I can say for Dragon planes with gear up/down option, they're tricky to mount, prone to the so-called "fiddly bits" busting off, and never look straight or centered to me, so in that respect I'd rather have a well aligned fixed gear than a cockeyed optional one. Century & HM on the other hand seem to do a fine job with their optional gear. The panel lines on WW planes are not so deep, which some people prefer because they look more like the real planes, some of the makers on certain models, especially Corgi, tend to go overboard with very deeply carved panel lines, which IMO are unrealistic.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

the_bird
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by the_bird » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:05 pm

really like that SU-27

snake

Post by snake » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:17 pm

Witty is the first to release an aircraft in the "digital camo", as far as I am aware. Looks pretty cool, although not sure if I like it.

And I am glad that they finally gave us gear up/down option. :D

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:55 am

I might have seen FM having a digital camo scheme before but I could be mistaken

Will have to wait and see if there is any confirmation whether the Fulcrum and Flanker comes with optional gear, that'll play a big part in the desirability factor for me. My hangar is running out of room and I have to really pick and choose my purchases.
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace