Wingscale 1/32 Scale B-17 on the Horizon..

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
f56tbird
Corporal
Corporal

Wingscale 1/32 Scale B-17 on the Horizon..

Post by f56tbird » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:45 pm

Gentlemen,
Wingscale, a new europe based company who is producing injected plastic model kits has anounced a fully injected plastic model kit of the B-17 Flying Fortress due to be released sometime in august 2011. Sprue Brothers models will be the exclusive north american distributor of their kits along with a B-25, B-26 and a P-61 black widow all fully injected plastic kit format. This is excellent news for all of us 1/32 scale builders. Below is a entry taken from Britmodeller.com with all the news and press release informatiom

An announcement of a 32nd P-61 Black Widow as a joint venture with Wingscale (The Dutch company behind the 32nd B-25s and Meteors) and Eclipse Model Design which had planned on a resin model but is now going full injected. There is also a 1/32nd scale Martin B-26 as well which will to the best information recieved to date will also be produced.

2 variants planned a P-61A and a P-61B with possibly a P-61C and F-15 Reporter in the future

Below is the statement from Derek Bradshaw from Eclipse Model Design, on Large Scale Planes just a couple of hours ago
Hello Guys,

As Martin (Wingscale) has officially announced the first release from his range of his wonderful 1/32 B-25 Mitchell, I thought that it was time was right to put some of you out of your misery and let you know what is happening with my 1/32 P-61 Black Widow project. Although it is early days yet, and Wingscale already has a programme of planned releases for other kit types, after some discussion with Martin at Wingscale, we have decided to produce it as a joint venture between Wingscale Models and Eclipse Model Design (my own company). The kit is planned to be an injection moulded kit like the B-25, and will most likely be initially released as a P-61A and a P-61B, with a P-61C to follow later. At a later date, the F-15A Reporter may be considered for release, but other factors have to be taken into account before this one is decided. At this stage markings have not been considered, although several choices will most likely be included within the kit - I am leaning toward ETO markings for the P-61A and PTO markings for the P-61B at present. Assistance from Russ Strine who is restoring the MAAM P-61B may also be forthcoming, so the eventual kit should be accurate. The aircraft itself is quite a complex beast, so it will take time to develop the kit and ensure that it is correct before we can consider releasing it - so not firm release date will be forthcoming for the time being. I have to thank Martin for providing with both the means and opportunity to realise this very important aircraft in 1/32 scale plastic.

Well there you have it. I for one am extremely excited in building everything they will be offering in 1/32nd scale. This is long overdue and for us large scale guys. 2011 will be a great modelling year. The below link will take you to the site to view the test shots of both the b-17 and the b-25.

http://store.spruebrothers.com/articles ... leB-17.htm
There was a demon that lived in the air. They said that whoever challanged him would die. He lived behind a barrier through which they said no man could ever pass. They called it..., the sound barrier..

[CAT]CplSlade
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Wingscale 1/32 Scale B-17 on the Horizon..

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:14 pm

Someone beat you to it, buddy:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23219

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:12 am

A 1:32 Flying Fortress is HUGE news. Nothing against MZ, and I really appreciate the heads up, boy howdy, but "It's Coming" is kinda cryptic. :wink:

Unless you actually bothered to browse the 1:32 & smaller forum on a regular basis (like me) and happen to click on the thread out of curiosity (like I did) you might miss it.

So I'm all for someone bringing it up again in case anyone missed it.

Anyways I'm excited. With Revell Germany going 1:32 in a big way too the future's bright. That's a lot of multi engine bombers on the horizon.

1:18 is almost like kicking a corps now so what the hell. :?
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

f56tbird
Corporal
Corporal

Post by f56tbird » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:11 am

Wow..!!!
You guys are fast..I am humbled. In any case I hope this model will be produced. The old monogram kit along with a few other 1/72nd scale kits have been the only models offered of this most famous bomber. My family having an aviation backround especially my father who was a B-17 pilot, now 88 years old is who I would like to build this model for in his orginal unit markings and colors. I am optimistic but the B-25 will out first in Feb 2011 and based on how it sells will be the deciding factor. We will have to wait and see...

G Man.. :oops:
There was a demon that lived in the air. They said that whoever challanged him would die. He lived behind a barrier through which they said no man could ever pass. They called it..., the sound barrier..