Zero landing gear

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Zero landing gear

Post by nooker21 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:56 am

Is there an inherent design flaw in the Zero's landing gear? My starboard gear does not lock into place (unlike the port side, which works fine), and therefore collapses. I tried taking apart the wing to see if it wasn't fit properly into the channel designed to hold the top part of the gear, but I could not see where it's misaligned. So did I get a bum copy, or do all of the planes have this probem?

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Zero landing gear

Post by nooker21 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:23 am

Nobody?

snake
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by snake » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Hey nooker21,

I only have one 1/32 Zero. But the landing gear snap into position when pulled into fully extended position. Gentle pressure applied to get them back up. Pretty straightforward.

Not sure what the problem would be with yours? Perhaps you could use some sort of small wedge on the collapsing gear, or you could glue it. However if you glue it it will be permanently down.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by nooker21 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:30 pm

I guess the best way to describe it is that the top of the gear that sits inside the wing does not "click" into place like the other one does. it almost looks like maybe the gear door is glued too high and is interfering with it "locking" into place, but somehow I don't think shaving off the top of the door is going to suddenly make it lock. I've split the wing open trying to see if the gear is not in its groove properly, but I couldn't see any give. I just think I have some warped example then, unfortunately....