Matchbox Collectables at Wal Mart??

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Matchbox Collectables at Wal Mart??

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:39 pm

While unsuccessfully looking for the new 32x P-47 today, I came across an interesting Wal Mart find. There were three Matchbox Collectables aircraft: Gabreski's F-86, Rickenbacher's Spad VIII, and the Olive Drab Folker Dr I (the same ones as seen at Target a while ago). The boxes were in perfect shape, but I forgot to scan the price. Has anyone else come across these? It may only be that someone simply returned the planes to WM as opposed to Target, but then anything goes...

wise690
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by wise690 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:16 pm

I saw these to at my local Wal-Mart. There were 2 of each.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
General George S. Patton

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:01 am

Interesting! Maybe that explains why most of the targets in the area seemed to have dropped them all. Maybe going to walmart only?

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:30 pm

I saw these in San Antonio about 2 days ago. I never asw these anywhere but Target.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

fullyautomatic
Corporal
Corporal

Matchbox here to

Post by fullyautomatic » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:58 pm

Interesting enough I was in the Wal-Mart here today in Hendersonville NC and they to have stocked the exact same Matchbox planes you speak of.Price was $13.97 I believe.I was also suprised to see the Corgi History Channel planes and tanks there for $19.99.One more thing was the 1/144(I think)Corgi nose art plane series.
Amazing!!!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:34 pm

Glad to know I wasn't crazy as others are finding the planes. I wonder why they went with prexisting types and didn't get any new Wal Mart exclusive paintschemes?

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:39 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Glad to know I wasn't crazy as others are finding the planes. I wonder why they went with prexisting types and didn't get any new Wal Mart exclusive paintschemes?
From what I hear, Matchbox has a warehouse of existing inventory it is trying to move.. Target has dropped these and Walmart picked them up.. I would suspect we will see more "later" releases but NO new ones since Matchbox is discontinuing the line.. :cry:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:07 pm

Thats too bad Matchbox is dropping the line, just when things were starting to get good! One couldn't beat the quality for the price.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:06 am

tmanthegreat wrote:Thats too bad Matchbox is dropping the line, just when things were starting to get good! One couldn't beat the quality for the price.
That's right, but I hear Forces of Valor is an excellent replacement, and more detailed for ONLY $9.99!!!
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark