HM 1/72 scale observation

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

HM 1/72 scale observation

Post by iballdriver » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:02 pm

my 3 newest HM models were delivered this week. -100, -104, and 105. wow. was the 104 really that slender and small compared to the 105, or was there a scale error made? the 104 is 'pussy cat' and the 105 is memphis belle II. the Hun is the Comstock variant. i am really impressed with the hun.
bc
coleslaw is a condiment.
Good Trader: Delta Team
vulgarvulture

Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: HM 1/72 scale observation

Post by Sabrefan » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:20 pm

Hobby Master is really turning out some beauties. Yes the F-104 is very small compared to the F-105 which is a huge aircraft.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:22 pm

i am preppng my collection for a century series theme.....need to get a phantom as well.....
coleslaw is a condiment.
vulgarvulture

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:33 pm

How is the F-100 model? I really want to get a couple of those. Love the look of the Super Sabre.
Paul Hebert

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:26 am

Yes the F-104 is very small compared to the F-105 which is a huge aircraft.
No doubt about it. When the Thunderchief entered service in 1958 it was the largest single engine fighter ever employed by the US Air Force. Despite it's great size and tremendous weight (around 50,000 lbs. max takeoff weight) the Thud was a surprisingly agile airplane, and F-105 pilots tallied nearly 30 air-to-air kills against the far more nimble Soviet designed Mig's in the skies over North Vietnam.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:51 am

Sabrefan wrote:How is the F-100 model? I really want to get a couple of those. Love the look of the Super Sabre.
I was first inclined to get a SEA camo f-100 but went the Comstock route instead (ordered thru aikens-they are great to work with). very happy with it. HM also includes 3 pitot tube variants, and a couple of weapons loadout options too. the Hun has some heft to it as well. I'll order only HM in this scale. i ordered a Century A-6 a while back- what a POS that thing is.
coleslaw is a condiment.
vulgarvulture

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:54 pm

Thanks, I am surely going to get a few F-100s. I deal quite a bit with Aikens, they are really good people.
Paul Hebert

snake

Post by snake » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:03 pm

iballdriver wrote: i ordered a Century A-6 a while back- what a POS that thing is.
:shock: :?: :?: :?:

That is the very first time that I have heard that.

I have many CW models, and have three A-6's. I think that they are great, and come with great weapons loadouts. Proper CW quality in am important USN aircraft.

Why the hate for the A-6, iballdriver?

Just curious, as I have never read any really negative comments about the A-6.

Anyway, back to HM.

Have all three of these models, and yes the 104 is surprisingly small.On the same token, when I got my 105, I was surprised at how large it was.

HM is releasing another SEA F-100. So those that wanted one of these, time to pre order. But it does look good in NMF too.

Happy days as HM is going to complete the "Cenury Series" jets in the near future. F-101, 102, and 106 are coming. 8)

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:00 pm

snake wrote:
iballdriver wrote: i ordered a Century A-6 a while back- what a POS that thing is.
:shock: :?: :?: :?:

That is the very first time that I have heard that.

I have many CW models, and have three A-6's. I think that they are great, and come with great weapons loadouts. Proper CW quality in am important USN aircraft.

Why the hate for the A-6, iballdriver?

Just curious, as I have never read any really negative comments about the A-6.

Anyway, back to HM.

Have all three of these models, and yes the 104 is surprisingly small.On the same token, when I got my 105, I was surprised at how large it was.

HM is releasing another SEA F-100. So those that wanted one of these, time to pre order. But it does look good in NMF too.

Happy days as HM is going to complete the "Cenury Series" jets in the near future. F-101, 102, and 106 are coming. 8)
the CW quailty is what did me in on the CW lines. I love the A-6 as a platform. i had weapons falling off the hard points while just handling them gently. landing gear are weak, had to superglue a horizontal stab into place because it snapped off. i make it sound like i am a 5 year old handling one of these.....obviously i'm not. but the HM are just excellent in their QC. love the A-6......just not a fan of CW. i love my thud and my hun.....the 104 is great, but compared to these 2.....i have the really george 1/18 scale 104 and that is impressive. can't imagine (yeah, i can) how awesome a thud would be in 1/18 scale. that would be the holy grail, along with the A-1. Love the A-6. but not the way CW does it. YMMV,
bc
coleslaw is a condiment.
vulgarvulture

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:01 pm

really looking forward to the 102, 106, and 101....HM is doing the voodoo, aren' they? hope they are.
coleslaw is a condiment.
vulgarvulture