C-5 Galaxy....??

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

C-5 Galaxy....??

Post by ostketten » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:12 am

Does anybody know of a pre-built/painted C-5 Galaxy in either diecast or plastic..?? I would assume if it is available at all it would be in either 1/144 or 1/200 scale as a 1/72 Galaxy would be like 4 feet long... :shock: :lol: My house is in the landing approach pattern for Dover and /or Andrews AFB, and on a clear day the Galaxies are clearly visible in the sky overhead, they are an awesome sight to behold, and anyone who has ever heard the sound of the C-5's GE Turbofan engines running, knows the distinctive sound they make, which is very unique and quite unlike anything else in the sky, either military or civil. Anyhow, I've been smitten and have decided I simply must have a model of one these historic aircraft, but I don't want to buy a kit unless there is simply no other alternative. Any information from our resident dicast aircraft guru's (Snake, Panzer M, et al.) is greatly appreciated. BTW, I don't know about you guys but I like the look and feel of the "new" site... a big thanks to P-51.. :)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Re: C-5 Galaxy....??

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:42 am

yes Dragon has released them this last month i just received my boxes.
its 1/400 #55905 "First Flight" a very well done model and comes with a fold out flightline
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:46 pm

AMERICAN_GRENADIER wrote:yes Dragon has released them this last month i just received my boxes.
its 1/400 #55905 "First Flight" a very well done model and comes with a fold out flightline
Thanks for the info. 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

snake

Post by snake » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:59 pm

:oops:

Wouldn't really call myself an expert, ostketten, but thanks.

As AG has said, Dragon do these in 1/400.

About 4 schemes, IIRC.And they do get pretty good reviews.

They do show up on Ebay, but if you wanted the brand new release, I would go through AG. :wink:

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:39 am

thanks Snake!

Dragon warbirds has some great new releases coming soon. some little or never done planes. the new space line has been well received and is selling very well.
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

snake

Post by snake » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:47 pm

AMERICAN_GRENADIER wrote:
Dragon warbirds has some great new releases coming soon. some little or never done planes. the new space line has been well received and is selling very well.
The new releases coming from Dragon look great.Perhaps AG could post these.Not sure when they will be released though.

Their space line up is expanding, and seems to be very nice, and competitively priced.Well worth looking into. :wink:

zzzippper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by zzzippper » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:55 pm

I got a really nice Century Wings 1:200 C-17, you might check them.