Another ebay thread, your opinion please!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
zzzippper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Another ebay thread, your opinion please!

Post by zzzippper » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:59 pm

As most of you have read, I recently lost an ebay auction on an item I really wanted. I realize I could have done things differently to enhance my chances of winning. However, this is a new issue:

I PM'd the seller and told him I was disappointed. I asked that if this deal fell through or he ever got another like item to please keep me in mind. He replied that sorry, he only had the one. But, the buyer had asked to not pay until 28 August, eight days after he "bought" the item.

Now it seems to me that if you can't pay you haven't won the auction. Your thoughts?

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Another ebay thread, your opinion please!

Post by Tshintl » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:25 am

zzzippper wrote: Now it seems to me that if you can't pay you haven't won the auction. Your thoughts?
Well he can pay, just in 8 days. I always add a date that payment must be received by or I re-list the auction and report the non-paying winner to Ebay when ever selling something on Ebay. It cuts down on any confusion and lets people know from the beginning they only have so long to pay for the item.

If the seller is fine with waiting 8 days to receive payment, then that's all that really matters. If he's not, he should have put a time limit for payment.

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:17 am

I believe under current ebay policy buyers are supposed to submit payment in something like 3-5 days, but it's largely up to the seller how much wiggle room he wants to give them. I think sellers have to wait a minimum 7 days before they can submit a NPB (non-paying bidder) claim. I'm generally pretty lenient if a buyer contacts me and politely asks for a reasonable extension, but if I hear nothing from them and they don't pay up in 7 days I file a deadbeat bidder claim, and their name goes in my blocked bidder "hall of shame" 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

snake

Post by snake » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:32 pm

That's perfectly normal, zzzipper.

Sellers usually put a time limit on them receiving payment.Eight days seems a little long, but as long as the seller is fine with it, no problem.