5 1/32 21st Century DogFight sets on Ebay

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
JollyRoger
Sergeant
Sergeant

5 1/32 21st Century DogFight sets on Ebay

Post by JollyRoger » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:52 am

ketelone
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ketelone » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:34 pm

A little pricey.....
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:02 am

It's amazing. 21st was a true bargain when they were readily availble at WM, TRU, etc. Who in the world would ever have thought that they would or could appreciate in value? I still think if you search long enough you can find your missing pieces for less than what they cost at toy shows, flea markets, garage sales and of course even here on this site's BS&T section.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

JollyRoger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by JollyRoger » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:30 am

It's true, my son and I collected the 1/144 scale planes. I remember having probubly every 1/32 scale plane in my hands at Toys R Us looking them over and saying "I'll get it next time" then putting them back on the shelf. It drives me crazy when I think I was standing in Walmart looking at, at least 5 corsair/zero dogfight sets on clearance for $20 each! But really who knew 21st would go under. I just should have bought them then. The only problem with waiting to buy now is that as I find them the boxes are in bad shape.
Now there's 5 P-51's on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultimate-Soldier-21 ... 0644056145

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:47 am

A little pricey.....
I was thinking the same thing.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

JollyRoger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by JollyRoger » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:41 am

[/quote]A little pricey.....

I'm undecided about the price. If you look at recent history it seems the 1/32 dogfights go for an average between $65 to $75 each and I have seen up to $90 for some.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:46 am

Depending on who bids and when some deals can be had. If you do a "completed auction" search on 1/32, you'll see some reasonable prices, then of course ridiculous prices like a $170 FW-190. :shock:

I'm lucky I got most everything at Walmart during the heyday, except that last Corsair Zero pack I had to pay more for on ebay because of the same hesitation. :?
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:50 am

The seller does also have a five-pack of 21st P-51's also listed, averaging out to ~$25 a plane doesn't really sound that bad. I mean, if you happen to need to oversaturate your spare room with P-51's the way manufacturers tend to do with the market in general...

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:12 am

seller does also have a five-pack of 21st P-51's also listed, averaging out to $25 a plane doesn't really sound that bad.
I agree this a more attractive deal than the dogfight sets. The P-51 (detroit miss) in one of those DF sets is perhaps the worst 32X stang 21st ever made IMO, the wings are way too thick, have no dihedral, & the rivet heads are the size of clamshells. What's more, I believe several of the planes in those DF sets are still available as singles at quite reasonable prices. His shipping cost of $41 by Parcel post seems steep as well. The only thing that might make it attractive is if someone just couldn't live without all five, and wanted to get em' all at once.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

JollyRoger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by JollyRoger » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:54 am

ketelone wrote:It's amazing. 21st was a true bargain when they were readily availble at WM, TRU, etc. Who in the world would ever have thought that they would or could appreciate in value? I still think if you search long enough you can find your missing pieces for less than what they cost at toy shows, flea markets, garage sales and of course even here on this site's BS&T section.
It is possible that they are still out there. My son and I attend several airshows a year and we have found the vendors 21st stock dissapearing fast from what they had in previous years and what pieces thay have the prices are up. Vendors that had a lot do not have anymore and the ones that were loaded only have a few left. But there always is that possibility, I read a story where a 1/18 P-51 was found still in the box for $20 at a Goodwill store! :shock:

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:01 pm

I also check the Goodwill stores and other thrift shops. Once in a great while you might find a tank but I've never been so lucky to find anything in the box. I'll keep looking though. I'm comfident I'll some day find a motherlode at a garage sale.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."