1/32 new ray king tiger

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
bigriver
Corporal
Corporal

1/32 new ray king tiger

Post by bigriver » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:16 am

Does anyone know about the quality of this.its the smokey blue camo one I see on ebay,but dont now how detailed it is or even if the camo color is accurate.
Mighty ships of war!

bigriver
Corporal
Corporal

Post by bigriver » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:37 pm

well I hope its nice,because I just bought it for 8.00 plus 6.00 shipping.I couldnt wait any longer.LOL
Mighty ships of war!

PanzerArm
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

New Ray King Tiger

Post by PanzerArm » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:31 pm

A few years ago, back when the 1/32 pickings were far more slim, I bought this tank, and back then I was relatively happy. It is by no means a FOV KT, or even on a comparible level of quality as the 21st century KT, but it is also cheaper.

You'll notice a few things about it once you get it. First, it's too small. Put it side by side with a 21st Century Panther or tiger, the New Ray KT is noticeably too small. I never actually measured the thing, but looking back I'd say it is 1- 1&1/2 inches too short. Secondly, the gun on the tank is way too short. The quality of the piece is marginal. The plastic parts, if I recall correctly the only metal part is the hull superstructure, are made of a cheaper plastic, and the gun will break easily.

All-in-all, it will make a nice addition to your collection, and although it won't be a centerpiece of a diorama, it will make a nice background piece, or, if you're so inclined, nice fodder for customizations (a KO'd King Tiger for example). And the reason I'm writing this review without the thing being actually in my hand, is because I no longer possess it. A few years ago, brandishing a new AR-15, I took several of my cheapie New Ray tanks, and performed what I would term a miniature Kubinka.

A minichamps panther was also on the list of targets for that day, and looking back, I think I should have stayed that sentence for such an expensive vehicle (It was broken, but still what was I thinking! :? )

Hope this helps.

-Kevin

bboc
Corporal
Corporal

It is 1/35

Post by bboc » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:17 pm

It's not bad. The size matches an old Tamiya 1/35 kit I have. When I got it, I researched it on this forum and apparently it originally came with the long barrel like the one I have. Later ones had a shorter barrel. As far as I am concerned, it is a much better rendition than the New Ray Shermans.

bigriver
Corporal
Corporal

Post by bigriver » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:37 pm

Thanks for the great information on it,I really just like the camo coloring on it ,it will help break up the normal tan,brown,green tanks I have.It also says that its battery operated.
Mighty ships of war!