New 1/72 scale collection from Altaya

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

New 1/72 scale collection from Altaya

Post by Tshintl » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:37 pm

Altaya has just started another 1/72 scale collection; Armored Vehicles Collection. Pictures can be found at the link below.

http://www.diecast72.com/armoredvehiclecollection.asp

The first 8 releases include:

1. AMX AU F1
2. M12 155mm GMC
3. M163A1 Vulcan
4. B1 Centauro
5. M41A3 Walker Bulldog
6. M7 Priest
7. SU-122
8. M16 MGMC

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:49 pm

Yeah, but when is the IXO/Altaya line going to be available stateside...?? To the best of my knowledge they are currently a European exclusive. I've heard some rumors about North American distributors coming soon, but nothing concrete. I've been after an Altaya IS-2 Stalin for what seems like forever, but I can never seem to get one for a reasonable price on ebay. :cry:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:25 pm

ive been working with a dealer for 3 months trying to bring them in! its been a tough go. they keep saying soon soon! but cant seem to get it done. the prices have been agreed to and stock list given but they dont pull the trigger :evil:
im almost ready to give up!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:55 pm

ostketten wrote:Yeah, but when is the IXO/Altaya line going to be available stateside...??
They're available in the USA right now. The tanks retail at $19.95 each and shipping is $5 on any order. There is also a special if you buy two, you get the third for free. The special edition Famo halftrack with trailer is also available at $34.95.

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:14 pm

Tshintl wrote:
ostketten wrote:Yeah, but when is the IXO/Altaya line going to be available stateside...??
They're available in the USA right now. The tanks retail at $19.95 each and shipping is $5 on any order. There is also a special if you buy two, you get the third for free. The special edition Famo halftrack with trailer is also available at $34.95.
Links or GTFO

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:26 am

They're available in the USA right now.
OK, where...??
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

skypirate
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by skypirate » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:23 am

Tshintl wrote:They're available in the USA right now. The tanks retail at $19.95 each and shipping is $5 on any order. There is also a special if you buy two, you get the third for free. The special edition Famo halftrack with trailer is also available at $34.95.
Seriously? I've only seen release dates of 2010 and pre-order prices of $29.99 each.

List price of $31.99? Sorry, that's too expensive for 1/72 tanks for me.

I'd love to take advantage of the buy two get one free, but would be happy saving 33% which puts them in a price range more reasonable for their size and quality.
Last edited by skypirate on Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

skypirate
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by skypirate » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:34 am

Found it. Just a news release, nothing you can act on and few details at the moment.

October 6, 2009
http://www.diecast72.com/updates.asp

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Altaya/ IXO Military Vehicles

Post by lightning2000 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:43 am

Hi Guys,
I read with interest this thread and decided to give the US distributor a call post iHobby Show to see what's going on with the IXO line. Here's the latest intel I gleaned which could obviously be different from what Trevor has already posted.

There are no immediate plans to bring in any of the military vehicles lines into the North American marketplace. This could change in 2010, however, I'm starting to wonder if these vehicles will ever materialize. They are still carrying an SRP of $29.99, which is substantially higher than where they were originally set to be priced at a couple of years ago when they first surfaced under the Altaya brand. Obviously, we dont need to tell you about the changes in the price of oil, middlemen, transport costs, etc in the interim. So, are they worth $5 more than the average Dragon or Hobby Master tank? That's for the consumer to decide. Certainly, there are lots of subjects available in the Altaya/ IXO range that no one has ever done before, so that in and of itself has to be taken into consideration.

Having said all that, Trevor could very well be correct should the manufacturer decide to sell the vehicles direct to consumers straight from China as opposed to selling them through their dealer network. They supposedly did this with their car line, so its quite possible that the military vehicles could be next in line for direct marketing.

In regard to the aircraft line, the shipment en route to us will be the last shipment for 2009. The next batch of planes may not make it to our shores until 2010, perhaps as late as the second quarter. Right now, no one knows which aircraft will comprise the next batch or their price points, should that become a factor.

We'll continue to leave the military vehicle line up on our site in case things change for the better. In today's economic climate, anything is possible.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:15 pm

Thanks for the intel Lightning, it's much appreciated. 8)

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:13 pm

My mistake guys, I didn't post the website for the collection available in the USA last night.

Before I do, it may be worth noting that IXO is the manufacturer, but might not necesarilly own the rights to these tank collections. From my understanding, Altaya/DeAgostini holds all ownership to the 1/72 tank collections, IXO was commissioned to design and manufacture them (anyone can commission IXO to manufacture products for them, a pretty common practice with large manufacturers). If this is true, this may explain why IXO has never made them available before since they would have to license them from Altaya/DeAgostini in order to sell/distribute them. Again, not 100% sure, but this is how Altaya/DeAgostini does it with every other collection they've released.

Ok, so the tanks are $19.95 each, with a buy 2 and get 1 free deal. Shipping is $5 regardless of the size of the order and any where in the USA. The website listed below is for customers in the USA and is operated by DeAgostini UK. Each tank comes with a 16 page booklet outlining that particular model's history and features. The website has a forum which should be up very soon as well as a blog and stories from veterans. Just for the record, I don't work for Altaya/DeAgostini. I just know quite a bit about this as I've been in close touch with DeAgostini UK during the whole process of getting this site up and the collection available to US customers.

http://www.tank-models.com

Also, the Panzer Collection will be incorporated in to the Combat Tanks Collection. Currently there are 20+ tanks on offer and more will become available each month, following the release schedule in the UK.

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Altaya Tanks

Post by lightning2000 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Hello Trevor,
In that case, let me be the first to say thank you for helping DeAgostini getting this line off the ground. Been a long time coming...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:13 pm

Do the tracks move? That's always been an issue for me, tracks don't move, I don't buy.

I'm a 1:32 guy, I've done quite well sticking to one scale, but with 1:32 modern seemingly done, I might have to reconsider.

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:58 pm

Ruger wrote:Do the tracks move? That's always been an issue for me, tracks don't move, I don't buy.

I'm a 1:32 guy, I've done quite well sticking to one scale, but with 1:32 modern seemingly done, I might have to reconsider.

MV
As with most 1/72 diecast tanks (not including FOV), the tracks don't move.

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by EnemyAce » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:21 am

Tshintl wrote:My mistake guys, I didn't post the website for the collection available in the USA last night.

Before I do, it may be worth noting that IXO is the manufacturer, but might not necesarilly own the rights to these tank collections. From my understanding, Altaya/DeAgostini holds all ownership to the 1/72 tank collections, IXO was commissioned to design and manufacture them (anyone can commission IXO to manufacture products for them, a pretty common practice with large manufacturers). If this is true, this may explain why IXO has never made them available before since they would have to license them from Altaya/DeAgostini in order to sell/distribute them. Again, not 100% sure, but this is how Altaya/DeAgostini does it with every other collection they've released.

Ok, so the tanks are $19.95 each, with a buy 2 and get 1 free deal. Shipping is $5 regardless of the size of the order and any where in the USA. The website listed below is for customers in the USA and is operated by DeAgostini UK. Each tank comes with a 16 page booklet outlining that particular model's history and features. The website has a forum which should be up very soon as well as a blog and stories from veterans. Just for the record, I don't work for Altaya/DeAgostini. I just know quite a bit about this as I've been in close touch with DeAgostini UK during the whole process of getting this site up and the collection available to US customers.

http://www.tank-models.com

Also, the Panzer Collection will be incorporated in to the Combat Tanks Collection. Currently there are 20+ tanks on offer and more will become available each month, following the release schedule in the UK.

That's AWESOME! I already got my first order in! Not bad prices at all considering the variety they have going, and well worth buying if only to encourage them to keep them coming so we can get some of their cooler later releases!

Thanks for working to make this happen - With not a lot happening with the other players, this is really good news.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:05 pm

Cool beans... 8) Now, if they only had an IS-2 Stalin... :cry:

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Altaya Tanks

Post by Tshintl » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:09 pm

lightning2000 wrote:Hello Trevor,
In that case, let me be the first to say thank you for helping DeAgostini getting this line off the ground. Been a long time coming...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Overlooked this last night. Amen to that, at times I thought it was never going to happen. I'm just glad to finally post their website, I've had to keep it to myself for the last month or two as they got ready for the launch.

csiemers
Corporal
Corporal

Post by csiemers » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:07 pm

Maybe it's just me but I've tried to use their code "ABC" numerous times, from different browsers, and it isn't reflect in the Shopping Cart that it's buy 2 get 1 free.
What am I missing?
-Cary
http://www.wwiivehicles.com

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:15 pm

csiemers wrote:Maybe it's just me but I've tried to use their code "ABC" numerous times, from different browsers, and it isn't reflect in the Shopping Cart that it's buy 2 get 1 free.
What am I missing?
Ditto :?

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:27 pm

the same!
but i got it done, just use the code before you add anything to the cart then it takes you to the special screen and follow the prompts
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

csiemers
Corporal
Corporal

Post by csiemers » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:21 am

AMERICAN_GRENADIER wrote:the same!
but i got it done, just use the code before you add anything to the cart then it takes you to the special screen and follow the prompts
Tried that too. No special screen.
-Cary

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:24 am

i just made another purchase! i dont get it?
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:36 am

I just tried using Firefox and Internet Explorer and it worked for both. Type "ABC" in to the voucher code box on the top left and click on submit. Then a yellow box will open around all the tanks and it says "Step 1. Select any two items of your choice". You select the two you like and then hit "add to car" at the bottom of the screen. The next screen will have you select the free tank you want and then you can check out like normal.

csiemers
Corporal
Corporal

Post by csiemers » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:07 pm

AMERICAN_GRENADIER wrote:i just made another purchase! i dont get it?
I was finally able to get an order in.
-Cary

Volksdeutsch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Volksdeutsch » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:26 pm

does anyone have a review on these?