Question for the 1/32 guys-

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Question for the 1/32 guys-

Post by Razor17019 » Thu May 26, 2005 7:49 pm

I collect 1/18 XD vehicles. I have only one 1/32 vehicle- Vietnam M113.
Excellent detail.

I would like to know what is the one or two 1/32 vehicles by 21st Century that are the harder to find and wanted by the 1/32 collectors??

Thanks!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu May 26, 2005 8:06 pm

I know some of the harder items to find are the Skdf 251 halftracks and TigerI tanks.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

OnWu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Rare

Post by OnWu » Thu May 26, 2005 8:08 pm

88mm Gun is highly coveted.

The Jadgpanther is very nice.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu May 26, 2005 9:32 pm

I've heard that the M3A3 Halftrack is also hard to find. Its pretty nice as well, having most of the same functions as the 1:18 version. I have also heard that the Pak-40 was also rare. With the Wal Mart kits and playsets, that may not be the case anymore...

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Thu May 26, 2005 9:34 pm

What about the more modern stuff?

I saw a LAV in 1/32 scale. Not 21st Century.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu May 26, 2005 9:40 pm

Razor17019 wrote:What about the more modern stuff?

I saw a LAV in 1/32 scale. Not 21st Century.
Unless I am mistaken 32x stuff is only in WWII.. No modern stuff. The only modern 1/32 stuff is made by FOV.. :?
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu May 26, 2005 9:47 pm

...save for the 32x Cold Steel M-113, although thats more for the Viet Nam era as opposed to the current.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat May 28, 2005 7:30 am

Okay a LAV from FOV in 1/32 scale.
Is this a rare or hard to find one?

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Sun May 29, 2005 4:41 am

Razor17019 wrote:Okay a LAV from FOV in 1/32 scale.
the only LAV's that are HTF seem to be the variety sold on evilbay :lol: seeing as everything pretty much sold on ebay is "rare" or "hard to find". Seriously though, in my AO (Md/NoVa) they're not hard to find as many of the TRU's have those as well as the newer Paladin/Amtrack/MLRS' on the shelves, or at least they were as of last weekend!

Hoverbug
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Hoverbug » Sun May 29, 2005 6:28 pm

Klaus,

I tell ya, I most be going at the wrong time, because I haven't found the LAV, Amtrack, Paladin or MLRS in NoVa. I usually check the Fairfax and Kingstowne TRUs. It's beginning to drive me a little nuts as I've only been looking for these for the last 3 months. The MLRS is still going for over $100 on ebay - nutty!

WGP Klaus wrote:
Razor17019 wrote:Okay a LAV from FOV in 1/32 scale.
the only LAV's that are HTF seem to be the variety sold on evilbay :lol: seeing as everything pretty much sold on ebay is "rare" or "hard to find". Seriously though, in my AO (Md/NoVa) they're not hard to find as many of the TRU's have those as well as the newer Paladin/Amtrack/MLRS' on the shelves, or at least they were as of last weekend!

bboc
Corporal
Corporal

Check the Target's

Post by bboc » Sun May 29, 2005 7:05 pm

Hoverbug -
The Target in Glen Burnie, MD on Crain Highway has the LAV's. I wasn't looking that hard because I'm not that interested. Sunday, they also had what I guess was an MLRS.

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Sun May 29, 2005 7:18 pm

Hoverbug wrote:Klaus,

I tell ya, I most be going at the wrong time, because I haven't found the LAV, Amtrack, Paladin or MLRS in NoVa. I usually check the Fairfax and Kingstowne TRUs. It's beginning to drive me a little nuts as I've only been looking for these for the last 3 months. The MLRS is still going for over $100 on ebay - nutty!

WGP Klaus wrote: the only LAV's that are HTF seem to be the variety sold on evilbay :lol: seeing as everything pretty much sold on ebay is "rare" or "hard to find". Seriously though, in my AO (Md/NoVa) they're not hard to find as many of the TRU's have those as well as the newer Paladin/Amtrack/MLRS' on the shelves, or at least they were as of last weekend!
Hover
Try the Fairlakes TRU, thats where I saw some last weekend I believe (the Amtrack and MLRS) and the TRU in Manassas had the LAV. The Paladin/MLRS/Amtrack were at the Rockville, Gaithersburg, and Frederick store the previous weekend. As a matter of fact I stopped in the Glen Burnie TRU while visiting the Hobbytown USA store across the street, and only saw the LAV, and restock of the BBI 1:18 P51 and OH-58. I may be heading over to Woodbridge tomorrow and will stop in Fair Lakes and the TRU near Potomac Mills, and if I manage to find anything will advise in the Recon thread stickied at the top of the forum.

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by c44 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:31 pm

Before this thread sinks to the back pages, let me offer what I think is the best answer to the original question...the rarest 32X is the carded Hellcat tank destroyer that was offered at Wal-Mart & maybe a few dealers back when TRU was the main connection for 21CT. The markings (and dry-brushed weathering) are a little different than the boxed Hellcat, and the paint job seemed to be a slightly lighter shade of green. There was some talk on the old GP site that there was also a carded Stuart, but this turned out not to be the case...I'm not sure how many people are going to great lengths to get their hands on one, but it's a nifty little curiosity from the early days of 32x...and don't nobody ask me to sell mine :wink:
c44 aka currahee44
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:41 pm

Thanks everyone for your comments!
Much appreciated.

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

carded stuart

Post by EnemyAce » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:38 am

I have the carded stuart unopened. There was also a carded bulldog, along with the 1st series figs.

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Ivory Billed Woodpecker sighted!

Post by c44 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:20 pm

RE: Carded Stuart...very interesting! Are the markings (basically a serial # and a white star on the boxed version) any different...? There was a fellow on the old GP site who was searching high & low for one of these and was told (by I think a retail dealer) that a carded version was never released...I wonder if he ever got one; you may be holding his Holy Grail... :)
c44 aka currahee44
C44

hworth18

Re: Ivory Billed Woodpecker sighted!

Post by hworth18 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:58 pm

c44 wrote:RE: Carded Stuart...very interesting! Are the markings (basically a serial # and a white star on the boxed version) any different...? There was a fellow on the old GP site who was searching high & low for one of these and was told (by I think a retail dealer) that a carded version was never released...I wonder if he ever got one; you may be holding his Holy Grail... :)
c44 aka currahee44
I have the carded Bulldog.. It is the same as the regular release other than the tactical numbers are re-arranged to make a different number.. :wink:
-Howard Stark

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Carded Bulldog & Stewart...

Post by c44 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:08 pm

...hearing that people actually possess these rather than only heard of them is like discovering that the imaginary friend you had as a kid really existed (OK, maybe not so dramatic...)...but I guess we can agree that these carded first offerings are the least common of the 32X...it got me thinking how when these were first introduced, I barely ever set foot in a Wal-Mart & it was just blind luck I saw one of these to snag...now I'm in WM so often --- and ususally not buying anything --- that the security team probably thinks I'm a serial shoplifter... :?
C44