* Stuff we never got to see in 32X

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
MG-42
Officer - Brigadier General

* Stuff we never got to see in 32X

Post by MG-42 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:22 pm

.......... but promised.

* B-17

* P-38

* Red Devils - British Paratroopers

* WWII U.S. Marines

.......... and the list probably goes on .......

* Anything I forgot to mention ? ? ?

- Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

cornbreadfred
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cornbreadfred » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:10 pm

How awesome would that B-17 have been? And I really thought we were going to see a P-38. :oops:
Fred, really looking forward to the JSI 1/18th scale Grumman F-14 Tomcat.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:33 pm

NKK Spitfire repaint
Spitfire MK V tooling

Those are what I can think of, and unlike the B-17 or P-38, they were actually announced on the 21c website and packaging. I'm sure there were also a ton of other vehicle and aircraft repaints that were planned as well.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:06 pm

Figarti made a 1/32 B17. Very expensive, but extremely cool. Figarti has also made 1/32 Marines. Conte made 1/32 British paratroopers in plastic and metal. Revell has a 1/32 P38 kit... not a real complicated kit....
Since 1/32 is sort of drying up, it appears beggers can't be choosers... We're going to have take what we can get.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:35 pm

......Come to think of it, Toy Soldiers of San Diego made some nice 1/32 Marines. BMC also made Marines but they're probably closer to 1/30, but they're priced right.....
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

scwarlord
Corporal
Corporal

Post by scwarlord » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:55 pm

How about the 1/32 US weapons carrier truck? Or the German machine gun teams? I think there may have also been a US mg team.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:54 pm

I was looking forward to that NKK Spitfire. The picture was on the box. I fully expected it to be next but...alas. :(

I think 1:32 is the scale that's just right.
Where you can get decent sized fighters and armor, but also the possibilities of creating four engine bombers is feasible.

Sure we'd all like those huge bombers in 1:18, but realistically it's probably never going to happen.

Somebody making decent aircraft needs to get the 1:32 ball rolling again.

I'd like a B-17 and a C-47 pleeze! 8)
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

MG-42

* 32X never made ? ? ?

Post by MG-42 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:02 pm

scwarlord wrote: How about the 1/32 U.S. weapons carrier truck?
* Yeah , I thought it was the Deuce , like the FoV one , but I think it turned out to be the 1:18 WC-63 instead ,.. and the M-3 Scout Car that turned into 1/6th.
tmanthegreat wrote:NKK Spitfire repaint
Spitfire MK V tooling

Those are what I can think of, and unlike the B-17 or P-38, they were actually announced on the 21c website and packaging. I'm sure there were also a ton of other vehicle and aircraft repaints that were planned as well.
>>> ........ and , yes , of course. I'm sure.

Forgot about those Spits too , "tman" , Thanks. :wink:

* Yes ,.. somebody certainly needs to make decent 1:32nd. again !

- Mitch v MG

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:27 am

A 1/32 Tony would be nice. A B25 is certainly doable.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:54 am

The Spitfire could have had a bunch of re-paints in the pipe. It really is a let down it didn't get that far. We usually would get up to 6 different re-paints of one plane. I could think of plenty Spitfires they could have done.
I can't remember anything else in 32X that was promised, but some of the later 32X aircraft still had some legs left in it.

I would have bought a whole nother round of P-51 B/C's and D repaints.

I simply loved the B/C in camouflage green or the Polish RAF version. Shangri La was my favorite.

The new tooling D could have been re-released in some of the earlier paint versions without the battleship rivets and inferior sculpting.

The FW-19OA was outstanding too. Some would say the best 32X aircraft in detail. What did we only get 4 of those right?

They could have covered a few more 109 F/G's too. I would have loved to have seen a Hartmann as the FOV is a major disappointment. Also the Hermann Graf Clown Nose in 32X would have been awesome.
You could just go down the list (posted in Reference) and find a bunch of top aces of the Luftwaffe, and any would be good selections for round 2.

I think the Corsair and Zero pretty much covered all the bases, but I would have still bought more.

That's the thing with 32X, it was so inexpensive that the variety of planes and armor re-paints was very affordable.
I don't know why someone like JSI or whoever? got the 32X molds doesn't see the potential for another round of mass retail possibilities.

I have to admit though the most exiting info was the possibility of a 32X B-17 Bomber in an XD box.
That would have been the king of all my planes.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:08 am

I remember discussing the B-17, P-38 and Mosquito with Tko long before they were announced. I also think there was a Ki-84 Frank in the works for either 1/32 or 1/48 since 21st had a tendency to do the same planes in multiple scales and I sure wished they had been able to get the Donald Duck Spit mkV out.. :(
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

MG-42

* 32X never made ? ? ?

Post by MG-42 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:00 am

* Yeah , the Mosquito.

.......... Forgot about dat one too. Thanks Harry.

...... I must be getting sometimers guys , cause sometimes I forget.

- Mitch v MG

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:16 pm

hworth18 wrote:I remember discussing the B-17, P-38 and Mosquito with Tko long before they were announced. I also think there was a Ki-84 Frank in the works for either 1/32 or 1/48 since 21st had a tendency to do the same planes in multiple scales and I sure wished they had been able to get the Donald Duck Spit mkV out.. :(
Those would have been good picks. A Mosquito and P-38 would have been awesome!
I think any Japanese plane could be done and people would buy it because of the Zero's notoriety.

I wonder if the Spitfire would eventaully be tooled with the Tropical chin filter and clipped wings for some desert camouflage schemes, that would have been cool.

21'st usually translated their other scales of 1:48, and 1:18 into 1:32 and vise versa.
I imagine if they would have held together we would have eventually seen a Tony, P-40 E, and P-40 N.

The Aleutians P-40 Warhawk is my favorite scheme. That one and the silver Tony are the only 1:48's I bought because the paint was so cool on them.
I was eagerly anticipating 1:32 versions of them and fully expected them to make them in that scale.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:46 pm

I would have liked to see a later mark Spitfire. Especially a Griffon engined Spit with the 4 or 5 bladed prop. I also hoped for a Mosquito. The Spit and Mosquito could both have been done in US markings as well.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by nooker21 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:11 pm

Just on repaints, i would have liked to see a 32x Bunker Hill Corsair and a Pearl Harbor P-40, since they already did all the paint work for the 1/18 XD versions. In fact, didn't one of the 1/32 Corsair model kits have the Bunker Hill decals in it? I'm actually working on my own Pearl Harbor repaint for the P-40, but I need decals or an expert to make paint masks for me....

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:24 pm

That reminds me that I would have loved to see a later model P-40 such as their very nice 1:48 Aleutian tiger P-40E.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:33 am

Yeah, all of this aforementioned stuff would've been nice to have. But what I was really waiting for was some Soviet tanks, at the low WM price so I could build a tank corps of truly Soviet proportions :D Hard to recreate Prokhorvka at $60 for a FOV KV-1.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:55 am

agree with all!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:51 pm

Col.Pickle wrote:Yeah, all of this aforementioned stuff would've been nice to have. But what I was really waiting for was some Soviet tanks, at the low WM price so I could build a tank corps of truly Soviet proportions :D Hard to recreate Prokhorvka at $60 for a FOV KV-1.

Agreed colonel. The KV or even the IS series of tanks would have been excellent.

I would've like to have seen a Sturmovik and a La-5 too. *sniff*