M18 Hellcat colors

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Bandit
Corporal
Corporal

M18 Hellcat colors

Post by Bandit » Wed May 06, 2009 11:54 am

Hi, Just got a olive drab M-18 hellcat at a toy show, also got one on e-bay last week. { had the bid in a day before the toy show and didn't want to have a bad report on e-bay, so I let my bid stay on the hellcat}
Well, got it in the mail today and it's a different color. {sand like camo}
But the numbers on the cartons and M-18 are the same. How many colors are their for the M-18 and which is the harder one to get ?
Just started this collection on 1/32 US WW-2 military. I like the scale. Finding some here and there which makes the hunt more fun, at least to me. Thanks, Bandit

bboc
Corporal
Corporal

Two Colors

Post by bboc » Wed May 06, 2009 12:29 pm

As far as I know, there were two colors, but no sand camo. One was a dark green, the other was a lighter green. I think the light one was in a bubble pack, but I don't remember now. I got the dark green Olive Drab, and I remember that that was the most common one.

Bandit
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bandit » Wed May 06, 2009 12:41 pm

It does look like a sand color, but may be light green but was in a carton/box. wished i knew how to post a picture on there. thanks. bandit

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Faded camo, fading memory...

Post by c44 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:00 pm

I think what you're talking about is the third release of the Hellcat, which had a white/tan wash (sometimes a little speckled) that was supposed to represent a highly weathered winter camo (the Stuart & Walker Bulldog were also released in this scheme)...I just can't remember, & my early stuff is currently buried in my storage closet, but I thought the winter camo vehicles didn't have markings...but I might be thinking of the winter camo XD Shermans, which at least didn't have unit markings...somebody pick up the ball from here, my memory is too fragile... :?
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Wed May 06, 2009 4:56 pm

I have 2 loose Hellcats - one green with brown splattering with number 40145192 on side and the "winter" scheme (lt gray interior) with number 24014519