The Motor Pool: The Way of the Warrior Program

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

The Motor Pool: The Way of the Warrior Program

Post by lightning2000 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:00 pm

<b>The Motor Pool: The Way of the Warrior Program</b><br>
After concluding our interview with Lieutenant Commander Arnold "Mike" Granat, USN (ret), we realized that there were a great many veterans and fellow collectors who would like to share their military experience with the rest of the world. So, with that in mind, we invite veterans to step forward and contact us at their earliest opportunity, particularly if they had experience with any of the weapons systems found on our web site. These personal stories will certainly go a long way in furthering everyone's understanding of the weapons of war, and will no doubt leave an indelible mark on future generations to come....<i>[posted 1/23/2009]</i>

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Kudos

Post by c44 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:18 pm

Great idea...I'm looking forward to whatever recollections and insights come your way...thanks for the time & effort you're taking to institute this...
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Way of the Warriors

Post by lightning2000 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:24 pm

Thanks,
Of course, we could use everyone's help to locate and persuade these veterans to come forward and share their stories. Moreover, we can turn anything into an entertaining read so these veterans shouldnt be afraid that their grammar or storytelling technique will be subpar. Trust me, when I was a magazine editor, we routinely had to turn rough nuggets into polished stones, which just took a little time and some approval on the part of the writer.

Anyway, we think there are loads of stories that need telling. For instance, when we first started selling Forces of Valor, I remember when a retired Army sergeant came forward and related a story whereby his unit knocked out five King Tigers during the Battle of the Bulge. Pretty amazing stuff...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:19 pm

PM sent!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

PM

Post by lightning2000 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:19 pm

PM replied to...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:56 pm

That is such a good thing to do. Many of these stories sadly could be lost forever.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Way of the Warriors

Post by lightning2000 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:27 pm

Hi,
Thanks. Keep in mind, we need your help to beat the bushes and locate these veterans, particularly if they have a fascinating story to tell. Photographs are certainly helpful, which go a long way to filling in the blansk when memories start to fade.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net