Cyber-Hobby Wittmann Delivery Taking Too Long

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

#60146 Operation Zitadelle - TIger I Tank

Post by lightning2000 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:45 am

Hi All,
We just received our allottment of this ltd. edition tank. This is one that'll certainly start to soar in value once they get snapped up!

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.bigstep.com
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

smh_1021
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by smh_1021 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:00 am

Did you get your shipment via UPS or via FedEx ?

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Shipment

Post by lightning2000 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:30 am

Hi,

We get ours via UPS, which seems to arrive around the same time as FedEx. The only problem is we dont seem to get any advance shipping notification sent via email, like we do with domestic shipments. Strange.

Anyway, I would strongly recommend you choose the "Courier" shipping option over the pre-set shipping option on the CyberHobby site. Merchandise seems to arrive just as quick and the shipping charges are alot less.

As for the vehicle itself, it looks quite nice. Besides the grassy diorama base, it comes with a tiny tank commander figure and an open turret hatch so you can stand him inside the turret. I expect CyberHobby will be coming out with larger vignettes featuring a more varied mix of vehicles later in the year.

For instance, I can see them doing a multi-vehicle set commemorating Michael Wittmann standing in front of a StuG, Tiger I at Kursk, and one at Villers Bocage. Likewise, I can see them doing a mix of vehicles that feature a Sd. Kfz. 251 Eagle Owl halftrack and the upcoming Panther Type F tank. Save your money folks...I think they're onto something that'll really take off later this year...

Cordially,

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.bigstep.com
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:23 am

Ok, mines still in California...but at least its at the FedEX shipping center...just a couple of more days...Est. delivery date, Tuesday the 12th of April.
"I like a man who grins when he fights" - Winston Churchill