K&C vehicles question

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
gk5717
Sergeant
Sergeant

K&C Vehicles

Post by gk5717 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:53 am

They are made of polystone, now you ask me what is that. I would describe it as a hard composite substance. I would call the detailing excellent but in a different way than 21st or FOV, to me they are two seperate animals. Wheeled vehicles the wheels move, at least on the newer ones, the older retired vehicles they did not. The tracked vehicles the tracks do not move.
Maybe some other K&C collecter can be more descriptive.

binder001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

various quality...

Post by binder001 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:05 pm

I have bought a number of GI vehicles. The quality has changed over the years. The first DDay jeep was cool with lots of molded on stowage and the fugures seated nicely, the first Sherman was an M4A1 with 76mm gun and the late HVSS suspension (for the nit pickers that tank is not recorded as seeing active combat in WW2 - but it's a nice toy), the M5 and M24 were a little crude. The early pollystone vehicles didn't tank small stuff like gun barrels very well. Now Andy uses a material more like a resin. The DDay series M4A3 with howitzer is VERY nice. Suspension is still molded in one piece with the hull, but the effect is much better than earlier vehicles. The old M4A3 used in Sand of Iwo Jima (and I think the first Battle of the Bulge series) was very poor in accuracy and detail. I have the GMC 6X6 from early and late releases and it's night and day on the difference. The last 6X6 is a great model with nice detail, where the early one is cast solid (I'd like to trade the early one for another late one someday!). The newest Jeep from the recent Battle of the Bulge releases is a gem - very nice vehicle! So, again, it varies with the age of the piece. Older pieces are less detailed, but more collectible because there aren't near as many of them, while the new stuff is visually nicer but doesn't seem to gaining any collector value yet. Look at each piece and decide if it's waht you want in YOUR collection.

Eazy
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Eazy » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:19 pm

Here's a couple of pictures of a FOV Stug and a King and Country Stug which gives you an idea of the differences. I haven't included the K&C figures with the stug because they make that version seem much more impressive. Personally i think the FOV stug has much better detail, the K&C one has a better paint job and has a really solid feel.

The pictures are quite large but do show up the details well.

graycap
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by graycap » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:26 am

My recommendation would be the Jagdpanther. It's a really magnificent model, especially if you get one or both of the tank rider sets to go with it. Or why not wait a few weeks and get the forthcoming King Tiger? I was at a toy soldier event in central London yesterday organised by King & Country UK and they had all the forthcoming Fall of Berlin range on display. The King Tiger looks fantastic with its three man crew. As they were doing a 10% discount for pre-orders I ordered one on the spot! The T-34 looks very good also. For the record K & C say that for the WWII range the scale of figures and vehicles is 1/30.

gk5717
Sergeant
Sergeant

K&C Destroyed Stug

Post by gk5717 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:55 pm

Flammenpanzer, that piece has not been retired all that long, if you do a check of dealers I,m sure you will be able to find one at retail.
Great report from Graycap, Dunkirk, that came right out of the blue.

Sgt. Stryker
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Sgt. Stryker » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:55 pm

Isn't the FOV a Stug III, and the K&C a Stug IV ? That would explain the noticable differences in size and details.
BTW, notice that Sierra Toy Soldier has included the new 21C Flak 88 at the bottom of their K&C Waffen SS catalog:
http://www.sierratoysoldiers.com/Waffen%20SS.htm

fullyautomatic
Corporal
Corporal

K&C collectors

Post by fullyautomatic » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:01 pm

To all my K&C brothers.Can anyone varify that this is true that the 21st Century 88 will match up with K&C fig's like advertised in Sierra's ad.Just wondering as a grey version would be nice.

CannonFodder1971
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonFodder1971 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:40 pm

Flammenpanzer,

Sorry I didn't see your posting sooner. Try the link below:

http://www.thetoysoldiergallery.com/pri ... age117.htm

Allegedly it's there for $29 if you want it.

Regards,
CannonFodder1971