New 32X German Figure Sets

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

New 32X German Figure Sets

Post by cruizin2000 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:20 pm

Knowing my luck, this has already been posted on here but I'll post it anyways.

I found Set B of the German Series VI at Toys R Us. They are the same Germans that came with the Firefly set. Set B was the only set that had and there was a ton of them. Set B contains the kneeling/shooting soldier, the soldier rechambering his Mauser, and the guy lying down with the MP40. Hopefully Set A will show up as well as those Chinese troopers.

Any else find these yet?

C2000
Attack!!!!

echoes
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by echoes » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:26 pm

all I have is set A :lol:

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:48 pm

One TRU in my area has only the Set A package and the other has only the Set B. I personally like the figures in the Set B better, but all are great :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:11 pm

My TRU is doing their inventory and won't have any trucks coming in until next week. What a bunch of BS! :evil:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

dfoos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dfoos » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:24 pm

Same here, both the TRU's in my AO have only set A. I got several sets but I need a couple of set B's.

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by cruizin2000 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:45 am

I got to go to another Toys R Us yesterday and found tons of Set A. :D Now I have 4 of each of those and will be doing some wargaming today with some long time friends.

I noticed that these new Germans are noted as Set VI. Shouldn't they be Set VII???? Set 1 and 2 came in the large playset, Set 3 had the guy getting shot, Set 4 was the paras, Set 5 and 6 were DAK. So, this should be Set 7. Right?

I would love to know when those USMC troopers and those new building/playsets are coming out. Same for the Chinese.

All in all, these new troopers are looking better. I hope that 21st keeps up the good work.

C2000
Attack!!!!

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:55 am

TRU stores in my AO have (or maybe I should say HAD) both sets, although I had to go to two different stores to get both sets, seems odd that they would carry only set A or B at any particular store, but that seems to be the way they are doing it. I picked up two sets of each, and they look very nice.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:59 am

I found set A and B at one Walmart around me. First time I spotted them there. Also TRU has them.
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

dfoos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dfoos » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:32 pm

I found several set B's in on of the TRU's in my AO last night. Nice sculpts. Definately worth the $5.00.

Cruizin, What rules do you use to game in this scale? I made up some rules with my son a while back but I would like to find a published rule set that works better. I find that Crossfire works ok as long as you have lots of terrain and buildings and you use Loyd's house rules for 1:1 soldiers (not based) but there is no real robust rules for adding armor, air support etc.. in Crossfire.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:02 pm

What rules do you use to game in this scale? I made up some rules with my son a while back but I would like to find a published rule set that works better.
Don't know if you have ever seen this free "Battle Tactics" game from FOV, but it might be worth downloading and giving it a try... http://www.forcesofvalor.com/gamecards.aspx
I think you can use it with any scale but they recommend 1:72 or 1:32. I went so far as to print out the game cards (which are very nice btw) but have never played the game itself, although it looks interesting. Naturally, they encourage you to use FOV figures and vehicles, but any will do. 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:14 pm

Found Set A at the Tyler TRU and set B at the Red Bird TRU in Dallas.

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by cruizin2000 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:14 am

dfoos wrote:I found several set B's in on of the TRU's in my AO last night. Nice sculpts. Definately worth the $5.00.

Cruizin, What rules do you use to game in this scale? I made up some rules with my son a while back but I would like to find a published rule set that works better. I find that Crossfire works ok as long as you have lots of terrain and buildings and you use Loyd's house rules for 1:1 soldiers (not based) but there is no real robust rules for adding armor, air support etc.. in Crossfire.
This is one of my favorites but with the 32X soldiers you need to fudge the stance or just make a marker that gives 10% off the chance for the stance.

http://www.angelfire.com/games3/jackson ... irmish.htm

There's a bucket of soldiers that usually go for $12.99 that has British, German, Japanese, and US soldiers in the three needed poses. On average you need 2-3 buckets to get the right amount for 2 squads. I like to use the 32X soldiers more because they're pre-painted.

This is another fun set of rules that require standing soldiers. You can use whatever scale you want to but it was made with 1/72 in mind. I think that we double the ranges and movements when we play these rules.

http://www-solar.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/~aaron/MOF.html

Although this is not WWII, these are some really fun rules to use with Imex 1/72 ACW troopers. Just mount 4 to a 1" x 1" piece of balsa wood and it's on!!

http://www.freewargamesrules.co.uk/Rules/ACW/glory.htm

I don't have time to paint any more so just gluing blue and gray troops to a green painted 36" balsa strip worked fine for us. Perhaps if I hit the lottery I take the time to paint all of those figs. :wink:

Have fun with these!!

C2000
Attack!!!!