DX Europe

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
theToyFederation
Sergeant
Sergeant

DX Europe

Post by theToyFederation » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:09 am

The first VIP exclusive was announced for 1/6 scale.

Now this is just speculation on my part, but I think its a good bet a diecast exclusive of a Stug will soon be announced.
www.thetoyfederation.com
"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather."

MG-42
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by MG-42 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:55 am

I think he means Dragon. :wink:

... but it sure don't belong here !

....... 1/6 ?
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

theToyFederation
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by theToyFederation » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:04 am

Sorry I was not more clear in my original post. At the last three Dragon Expo's(Atlanta, LA and England) and the one upcoming later this month. The VIP if he was a tank crewman in addition to a exclusive 1:6 figure had their vehicle done in 1:72 by Dragon Armor. Examples include the Huber Jagdpanzer IV, Douglas Kay Firefly and the Kurzmaul Tiger I and II.With that in mind since Dragon announced yesterday the VIP for Dragon Expo Europe is a Stug Platoon Commander, it stands to reason they will do a 1:72 DragonArmor exclusive of a Stug.

Hopefully that clears things up a little.
www.thetoyfederation.com

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:23 am

I knew what you meant. :wink: Since there are already Stugs in the Dragon Armor line it's a bit disappointing it won't be something we haven't seen before, but maybe it will be an early variant.

theToyFederation
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by theToyFederation » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:42 am

It is possible though that it is a Stug III and I do believe they have not released any of those even though some have been in the pipeline for a while. But everyone should jump for joy in that it is not a Tiger :lol:
www.thetoyfederation.com

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:47 am

Any flavor at all or mention of 1:18?
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Georg Bose

Post by lightning2000 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:49 am

Hi,
Not sure if Leutnant Bose drove a StuG III or StuG IV. After doing a little research on the web, I came across this site:

http://www.cimm.de/

There's a picture of his StuG, but its hard to determine which version of the StuG he was in. Considering he saw combat in 1944, I'm inclined to believe its a StuG IV, with most of the earlier StuG IIIs either destroyed, retrofitted to serve as other vehicles, or re-assigned to other more docile theatres. It would be tough to use a StuG III against some of the heavier Soviet vehicles lurching onto the battlefield by 1944.

It sure would be nice if its their first StuG III to kick off the series, but I'm guessing its another STuG IV variant...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Stuck on StuGs

Post by lightning2000 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:33 am

Hi Again,
Actually, it could very well be their first StuG III. I did a little more research and here's what I found:

Overall, Sturmgeschütz series proved to be very successful and served on all fronts as assault guns and tank destroyers. Although Tigers and Panthers are more famous, assault guns killed many tanks. Because of their low silhouette, Sturmgeschütz III's were easy to camouflage and a difficult target. Most German assault guns carried a high-velocity 75mm gun by 1944. Sturmgeschütz crews were considered to be the elite of the artillery units. Sturmgeschütz units held a very impressive record of tank kills - some 20,000 enemy tanks by spring of 1944. As of April 10, 1945, there were 1,053 Stug IIIs and 277 StuH IIIs in service. Approximately 9,500 Sturmgeschütz IIIs of various types were produced until March of 1945 by Alkett and a small number by MIAG. (Wikopedia)

So, this could be their way of kicking off the StUG III series. Could a Panzer III and Marder be not too far behind?

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:53 am

One can only hope. A StuG III release would mean that they would have a chassis to use with a Panzer III series. While I'm fond of the Admiral Panzer III releases, I'm interested in seeing what Dragon Armor has to offer as well.

A Marder series would require a lot more work considering the variety of Panzer II and Panzer 38(t) chassis uses to build them...

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Chassis

Post by lightning2000 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:30 pm

Hehe. I said the same thing almost two years ago when the StuG IV was announced. If a chassis was being developed for the STuG IV, I reasoned, then a simple Panzer IV couldnt be too far behind. Somehow, that logic doesnt seem to apply here. Why, I still dont know...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

StuG III

Post by lightning2000 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:14 pm

Hi,
Dragon just announced that they are coming out with a 1:72 scale kit of the STuG III, so its a safe bet they'll be gearing up the pre-assembled range to finally include their long awaited STuG III. Its an equally safe bet that the Bose vehicle will indeed be a STuG III, made available at the upcoming Euro DX '07.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:40 pm

That sounds great. The StuG III has to be one of the WW2 AFVs I find most interesting, along with the Matilda II and Panzer IV. Aren't they also releasing new 1:72 Panzer IV kits this year that may be made into Dragon Armor releases?

Thanks for all of the news updates, by the way.

theToyFederation
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by theToyFederation » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:24 am

Well I guess that was a no-brainer
www.thetoyfederation.com