Some Questions: Admiral Toys 1:72 Panzer IIIs

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Some Questions: Admiral Toys 1:72 Panzer IIIs

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:35 pm

I'm thinking about getting one of these tanks, either the Panzer III H or L that are on the Admiral Toys store website, though I've come to a deadlock. I've read over the reviews (which I know were made by boardmembers) and they are generally positive. My real question is, which of the two Panzer IIIs is better? By this, I mean if they were compared side by side, which has the fewest flaws, most accuracy, etc. Thanks for your help :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

easy8
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by easy8 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:38 am

Tman,

I have both of Admiral's Panzers and I would tend to lean toward the H version myself. Mostly because Admiral was able to tweak their weathering process on this piece and it does have a "battle weary" look without being overdone. Their first attempt is a nice piece but does have more of a "factory fresh" look to it (Jason talks about this in his posts and goes over their early problems at the factory with weathering). I like the fact that Admiral included antennas...makes for a nice touch. Hopefully this helps you out.

easy8
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

--General George Patton Jr.

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:52 am

I also like the "H" because it seems to be built a little better. I'm not real big on the weathering as I'm also a modeler and the weathering to me is not realistic looking. The tank itself is very nice and there's alot of actual diecast in there.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:43 pm

Thanks! I had to find a way of effectively using a $10.00 off coupon that AT sent me for their webstore. I ordered the Panzer III H as it looked best to me as well :wink:

Edit - January 18 2007:

I got the AT Panzer III H today and I am quite impressed :D
I have limited experience with the finer points of collecting 1:72 diecast armor (having only the FOV tanks and 1 Dragon tank) but the AT Panzer seems to have as good detailing and sculpting as a Dragon tanks I have seen. It is also quite heavy and the weathering is a nice touch!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."