New Conte GI's! Is it the end times?!??!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Law
Corporal
Corporal

New Conte GI's! Is it the end times?!??!

Post by Law » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:19 pm

Went to my local hobby place to look at some new 1:18 stuff and to pick up the new 21CT 1:32 playsets -- the mortar pits and the listening post (all three are pretty amazing, though I passed on the American mortar set since it bears such similarity to things I already own -- I'll probably go back for it later)

But while I was there, I couldn't believe it -- the new Conte GI's were in stock! Tons and tons of unpainted plastic WWII goodness from Conte, as if he, you know, might actually release the things he's had on the website for a few years now (or at least, it seems like it's been that long)

Anyhoo, I only picked up one set, but I'm so amazed, I can see myself going back for more, and more, and more, and more. These are fantastic. I won't have time to paint them until long after the holidays, but man I can't wait. Even the BASES on these guys are spectacular.

Law

GIToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by GIToys » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:23 pm

I know...I've had a set of the prototypes for awhile and they're awesome. I just painted five of them over the weekend and they look fantastic. I ordered both of the Bloody Omaha sets in October, although there's some sort of hangup with the boxes. Great stuff from Conte!
--gitoys

Panzer_M
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Panzer_M » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:21 pm

Link to the Conte stuff?

Law
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Law » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:04 pm