1/32ND KIT QUESTIONS

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
mikeg
Officer - Brigadier General

1/32ND KIT QUESTIONS

Post by mikeg » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:03 pm

There are three new (?) kits at only one of the several Walmarts I frequent.

The 88 shows the tan/green colors on box, in the box it is solid tan.

The chaffee shows pic of green tank with red/yellow pissed off face on front hull, in the box it the same old all green scheme.

The Sherman reisssue shows the same old green, but with tan and brown highwater like lookin colors around the middle of the tank, but in the box it is all green.

I would buy the 88 if it was green/tan as well as the chafee with the artwork on the front, but... yeah, I know contents may vary from what is actually in the box.

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by c44 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:21 pm

I hope you didn't find this out after buying them...if so, skip the lottery ticket, this ain't your lucky day... :lol: ...board members blurx7 and Wings_&_Armor had reported back at the end of August that the Chaffee kit did not contain the Korean War not-so-happy face markings shown on the box cover, but I figured I'd roll the dice & maybe get lucky...nope, tossed snake eyes, mine was also the Pacific brown & green markings...but I picked up two 88s, which indeed were the 2-toned paint scheme shown on the box (which is actually tan and a darker brown)...I also got 2 of the Pacific Sherman kits from Bad Cat & they too were the correct camo scheme as shown on the cover...but here's the kicker with the 88s --- no figures are included! If the price of the kit is the same as the completed model, shouldn't we get the crew plus maybe even an extra figure, say, for instance, the discontinued Hanomag driver...? And question #2, are we gonna see the Korean War markings...? I hope so! But meanwhile, all things considered, the 32x kits can't be considered a good value, and with the questionable box cover art, well, I hope my mail order bride isn't a 21CT deal...(huh, hey, this is Mrs. Potato Head, the package shows she's supposed to look like Jessica Simpson!)...
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:40 pm

so are there and confirmed findings of the correct "face" chaffee or are they all duds?
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com