I Recommend, HM "Direct from the Source"

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
me122172
Corporal
Corporal

I Recommend, HM "Direct from the Source"

Post by me122172 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:39 am

I personally would recommend that this site give HM a link in "Direct from the Source" so that we do not have to read or look at repetitive posts from Hawkonevoodoo. I am not trying to be rude, but his consistent posting of HM info is starting to highjack the 1:32 thread.

I would hope this site would not allow one individual, that "has ties" to a manufacturer, to spread his "advertising" for that manufacturer with no regard to the nonadvertising rules of this site.

IMHO it looks like HM has free reign over this forum.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:53 am

yes i've noticed what is becoming a rather prolific thread count. If he is a representative of Hobby Master and wants a thread in the direct from the source forum all he has to do is ask P-51. P can then make the determination whether or not to give him one. Up til now i was under the impression he was just a very enthusiastic collector.

In general board members are delighted to have feedback from the manufacturers, so i didn't see this as much of a problem. The non-advertising rules you refer to apply to retailers, not manufacturers.

That plus the fact that the '32 n smaller' forum is generally not very busy with an over abundance of posts is why i didn't see his multiple posts as of too great a concern.

However, now that board members are starting to express concern i would ask that Hawkonevoodoo confine his comments to one or two threads, in future. I will consider locking others.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

well

Post by digger » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:42 am

Another option is a general HM finds, discussion etc...post. It will stay at the top as long as their is something poignant. Reviews, pics and product info do not all need their own thread. Just imo, as I too noticed a ton of HM specific threads.
The other thing is, if we are to have a Direct from the source it would be nice to know the source...there is no doubt about who Mike, Jason and TKO are in the grand scheme of things, and like good sports they give and take on this board, not just give...

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:46 am

For the record I'm going to have to agree with me122172.

Just my 2 cents.

-H

hawkonevoodoo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by hawkonevoodoo » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:41 am

I have no ties to Hobby Master and don't work for them. I simply gather some information about that company and post it for others to see. It is a new company that IMHO, has a good chance of producing a quality product with some diversity when it comes to subjects. The more companies that are available the better it is for the collector, hopefully it will help with competition and keep the prices reasonable. Since they are just new there is always some new infromation coming out and people just aren't used to seeing this name frequently. I'm not trying to hijack anything, with a rather inactive 1/72 scale category being lumped in with 1/32, 1/35, 1/43, 1/50, 1/100, 1/44 when I made 7 posts in 9 days it bunches the posts together making it look like I'm hijacking. I thought that I was doing the members of this forum a service by digging up information and posting it for them but obviously I was wrong. If this isn't what you guys want then I will gladly stop posting in this forum. Just say the word, my intention isn't to anger anyone, simply inform. I'll look for an answer from aferguson on this. I apologize if I'm not following the site protocol.
http://www.hobbymastercollector.com/

"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter."
- Winston Churchill

me122172
Corporal
Corporal

Post by me122172 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:29 pm

Hawkonevoodoo,

Well spoken and now I completely understand your intentions. I would recommend putting your post in a large HM post at the top of the page. I myself will assist in keeping your post up there so it does not get lost in a couple of days.

I really do like HM's products, but was starting to get tired of knowing that was all I was going to see. :( Once again, no disrespect to you or HM. Keep up the good recon and I will help in keeping a HM thread at the top. I think it just looks bad for you and HM if HM and Hawkonevoodoo is all you see when you come to this forum.

But by all means, I, and I am sure many others, would love to hear about breaking news and such outside of your standard HM thread. I am not trying to come accross as putting you in cyber time out. :D

Frank
Last edited by me122172 on Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

digger

yea

Post by digger » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:43 pm

I'm sure people do appreciate the info - just consolidate it a bit as multiple threads push others out of view.
I don't know why you say you were "obviously wrong" in thinking you were doing the members here a service. Nobody said anything to suggest that.

I have noticed a recent tendency for people to take posts or comments personally and that is not wise. This is a discussion forum, so there will be discussion. Let's not take things personally, please...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:58 pm

i don't know why you're looking for guidance from me Hawkonevoodoo...i had no problem with it in the first place, although as others have said, if you can confine your posts to existing threads where possible, that would probably be a good idea.

Isn't it nice that we're all still friends... 8)

hawkonevoodoo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by hawkonevoodoo » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:11 pm

I'm glad to hear that you guys understand my intention. Like I said and I think you agree that when I post a few things and nobody else is posting it bunches my posts up and makes it look like I'm hogging everything. I looked for one category or section or some way of consolidating my posts in just one place but I couldn't find anything that would permit me to do this. If you make some spot or section or whatever where I can post without bothering the other members that aren't interested in 1/72 and soon to be Hobby Master 1/48, I will gladly go to that spot. Like I said, I'm not here to tick people off so I'll gladly do what keeps peace.

So if I have this correct, I should have one post that reads "Hobby Master information" and then whenever I post, I go to this one main post and add any new posts within this. If this is correct, whenever I add a new post it will automatically place the "Hobby Master information" at the top of the page and it will slowly move down the list until I post again? If this is how it owrks, please make one main post "Hobby Master Information" and dump all the posts into it. Let me know if this is ok. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation. If another great company comes along and I get information on it, I'll have you do the smae thing for it.

"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter."
- Winston Churchill

easy8
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by easy8 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:06 pm

I'm just glad hawkone is willing to to all that work for us! Keep up the great work hawk, I look forward to your HM updates, as they look like a company that has a bright future and will hopefully fill my shelves with cool diecast!

easy8
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

--General George Patton Jr.

hawkonevoodoo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by hawkonevoodoo » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:50 pm

I want to start one main thread, "Everything Hobby Master" and have any of the posts that I have already made transferred into it. This way there will just be the one thread and any new posts I make will go into the central thread and be all in one place. This way you won't have to look at 5 or 6 posts in a row, if you are interested, all you will have to do is select "Everything Hobby Master" and check out the new information.

Who has the power or authority to transfer the existing post if I start a new thread? Or, who ever has the power can post the main thread and just dump everything in it. Just let me know which is the best way to do this.
Thanks.

- Winston Churchill

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:04 pm

there's no way of transferring posts into another thread, without doing a lot of copying and pasting, which i ain't gonna do. You can do it yourself if you like...just start a new thread and copy and paste all your old posts into it.

But i don't think this needs to be overly complicated....just when you get new info, look up one of your old threads (the most appropriate) and post the new info in it....it will move to the top of the board and be hi-lited until people have read it.

Simple, no?

hawkonevoodoo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by hawkonevoodoo » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:15 pm

aferguson wrote:there's no way of transferring posts into another thread, without doing a lot of copying and pasting, which i ain't gonna do. You can do it yourself if you like...just start a new thread and copy and paste all your old posts into it.

But i don't think this needs to be overly complicated....just when you get new info, look up one of your old threads (the most appropriate) and post the new info in it....it will move to the top of the board and be hi-lited until people have read it.

Simple, no?
Simple, yes. Thanks

- Winston Churchill