All Go 1/32 Planes at Tuesday Morning

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Tinman
Officer - Brigadier General

All Go 1/32 Planes at Tuesday Morning

Post by Tinman » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:18 pm

I'm guessing that this is a redundant thread, but just in case -

Stopped in our local Tuesday Morning today, for the first time this year. They had a couple of the P-51 B/Cs and several of the Focke Wulf (Red 19?). They were $9.99.

I didn't pick any up, as I sold off all of my 1/32 a while back (except for the bbi F-4 and Dauntless, which are just too nice to part with). I'm really a 1/18 guy.

Axis Nightmare

Re: All Go 1/32 Planes at Tuesday Morning

Post by Axis Nightmare » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Haven't found any left around here. :? (Greater Cincinnati) Been to five different ones. Think each location got one case of each.

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

snake

Post by snake » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:00 am

$9.99 for a good quality 1/32 P-51, and FW 190 {Red 19}. :shock:

No wonder no new manufacturers are entering this "market" :roll:

I understand about the duplication of the AllGo planes, but they started out at $40, and then were reduced by many dealers to $20, just to clear. And to see them dumped at $10 is pretty disheartening. :(

I didn't pick up any of the AllGo releases, as I already had them by 21C, but they were probably the most popular schemes, and a calculated business move, that unfortunately didn't pay off.

Can't see why anybody would try to revive the 21C 1/32 line given these prices.

A real shame, as I liked the line, and was pretty accurate for a very decent price. A lot of model for the money.

Pretty much the death knell for further 21C 1/32 releases. Something that saddens me.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:32 pm

These first showed up at Tuesday Morning stores in droves in June 2012. One of my local TM stores had 14 of the aircraft. Most had various QC defects - glue smudges, misaligned markings, misaligned or broken parts. Not any improvement in quality over the 21c days. I searched out a couple of the best looking from the selection and got them.

They are all gone from my local store now, but I was satisfied that I got one last chance to pick out a couple 21c aircraft at discount from a retail store :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:46 am

I think the low discount is more result of the duplications of the schemes. If new schemes were issued I think the scale would still be popular.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:49 am

jlspec wrote:I think the low discount is more result of the duplications of the schemes. If new schemes were issued I think the scale would still be popular.
I think you are right.
Some of the 21stC planes in 1:32 still command a high price.
I think perhaps things would have been a little different if we would have seen these instead:
(from the Allgo site)

In The Pipe-Line
Wednesday, April 27th, 2011

a. P51D S4 Weavers “Big Nude”
b. P51D S5 Moon Mullins “Little Lady”
c. P51D S6 Foy’s “Reluctant Rebel”
d. Spitfire Mk I/II S4
e. Spitfire Mk Vb S3
f. FW190A- 6 Checker nose white/black
g. Bf109G Rall
h. Bf109G Barkhorn
i. Bf109G Hartman
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:19 pm

I think I would have jumpped on any of those repaints even at the $40 price. When AllGo released the same 21c 32x planes that had been out only a couple years before, in the same 21c boxes, but without pilot figures, and for twice the initial cost, it was a loose-loose deal.

I remember most small retailers discounting them to $20 within a couple months and then there was Tuesday Morning starting this summer. Those planes - given that they were repaints without any effort to improve QC isses - were certainly worth $10 and I'm glad I held off and didn't pay the $40. No use shelling out money to a company that isn't going to offer a quality product...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:36 pm

Yeah, right out of the gate with a Hartmann BF-109G Tulip Nose might have made all the difference.

Heck we never got one in 1:18 either. I understand BBI couldn't do their's that way because it was one of his early 109's, but you think someone would get a clue. The Ace of Aces fer crissakes!

The 1:32 FOV pimpled riveted one was a sorry excuse, but even that is hard to get now.

Corgi is finally releasing a new tooling of a later model BF-109G Hartmann Tulip Nose in winter as their first livery, so that's a start. 1:72, but hey I'm buying it.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec