Corgi 1:32 Mosquito..Help Required

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
super61
Private First Class
Private First Class

Corgi 1:32 Mosquito..Help Required

Post by super61 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:23 am

Good morning everyone.

New to these parts and straight in with a question :oops:

Proud new owner of a Photo Recon version.

How on earth do you display the Mosquito with the Gear Down..specifically how do you attach the Gear Doors (with the wire)..this has me goosed :cry:

Thanks for any help.

Look forward to contributing.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Corgi 1:32 Mosquito..Help Required

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:19 pm

I've got a Corgi 1:32 Mosquito myself. Attaching the landing gear doors is tricky, but not impossible. I'll do my best to describe the process:

1) Lower main gear strut to full extended position
2) Main gear doors (left & right) have a small peg towards the front that inserts into a small hole on either side of the main gear strut.
3) Main gear doors (left & right) have a small wire coming out the rearward part of the door. This should have a slight bend to it.
4) Look back along the inside of the gear bay and there should be a small tab sticking out.
5) Insert the door by putting the front peg into the hole by the main gear strut and then pressing the little wire (straight part) against the tab in the landing gear bay.
6) There will be some resistance with this, but the wire should hold the rear part of the door in place via friction between the wire and tab.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

super61
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by super61 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:20 pm

Thanks so much for the reply, will give it a go.

snake

Post by snake » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:01 pm

Welcome to the forum, Super61.

First post is about a Corgi 1/32 Mosquito. Well done. :D

Tman has given you some sage advice, as he always does. The man knows his stuff. :wink:

I just picked up my third Corgi 1/32 Mossie, F for Freddie, Fighter/ Bomber. A very impressive piece of diecast, but I always display in flight, so glad that Tman was able to walk you through this.

Super61. Any reference to the P-61 "Black Widow" ?

super61
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by super61 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:24 pm

Hello Snake,

No reference to the classic Black Widow, more a reference to a famous Black Hawk.

Thanks for the response, have just secured the Moncton as well so need to reclaim land in order to display :P

Wife gonna go nuts when the next box arrives :roll:

Thanks again for the help guys..still looks a bit fiddly though, may just display wheels up though I would like to build a diorama for the Moncton.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:54 pm

The Moncton Express version is the same one I have. For most of its life, it sat on its gear as it makes for a very nice little display piece with the ground crew, bomb trolley, and cookie bomb. I like how the bomb magnetically attaches inside the bomb bay as well. Now I have it in a new display setting up on its stand. It really looks a bit precarious on the thin stand, but seems to be holding nevertheless.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

cuatroboca
Corporal
Corporal

Post by cuatroboca » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:04 pm

super61 wrote:Hello Snake,

No reference to the classic Black Widow, more a reference to a famous Black Hawk.

Thanks for the response, have just secured the Moncton as well so need to reclaim land in order to display :P

Wife gonna go nuts when the next box arrives :roll:

Thanks again for the help guys..still looks a bit fiddly though, may just display wheels up though I would like to build a diorama for the Moncton.
of course cliff wolcots black hawk during operation gothic serpint

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:00 am

tmanthegreat wrote:I've got a Corgi 1:32 Mosquito myself. Attaching the landing gear doors is tricky, but not impossible. I'll do my best to describe the process:

1) Lower main gear strut to full extended position
2) Main gear doors (left & right) have a small peg towards the front that inserts into a small hole on either side of the main gear strut.
3) Main gear doors (left & right) have a small wire coming out the rearward part of the door. This should have a slight bend to it.
4) Look back along the inside of the gear bay and there should be a small tab sticking out.
5) Insert the door by putting the front peg into the hole by the main gear strut and then pressing the little wire (straight part) against the tab in the landing gear bay.
6) There will be some resistance with this, but the wire should hold the rear part of the door in place via friction between the wire and tab.
I 've got two of these "birds", Moncton Express & F for Freddie...
I sort of did the reverse of Tman's step 5, putting the end with the wire in first, then pushing the front "peg" into place...I'm sure it works just as well either way!
Good luck & enjoy your new Mossies...