What happened to this FOV????

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:33 pm

"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

Rowsdower
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: What happened to this FOV????

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Laundry day?
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Won't be expecting a re-release of the Challenger, either...

Post by c44 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:04 pm

I seem to remember that at some point Unimax decided modern armor didn't sell as well as they liked & so they stopped introducing post-WWII vehicles...bummer, I'd say :(
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:29 pm

Sadly that's true. FOV was of the opinion adult collectors were not interested in modern armor. That's when they came out with the Bravo Team line for kids. I think it was a mistake. There are many modern tanks that I would love to have.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:00 am

ketelone wrote:Sadly that's true. FOV was of the opinion adult collectors were not interested in modern armor. That's when they came out with the Bravo Team line for kids. I think it was a mistake. There are many modern tanks that I would love to have.
Agree 100%! The FOV 1:72 line had some great vehicles. I have quite a few myself. The reasonable price and level of detail were a great combination. :cry: :evil:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

jkinzel

Post by jkinzel » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:38 am

ketelone wrote:Sadly that's true. FOV was of the opinion adult collectors were not interested in modern armor. That's when they came out with the Bravo Team line for kids. I think it was a mistake. There are many modern tanks that I would love to have.
:D Yeah FOV says that you just can't have enuff Tigers,King Tigers,Porshe Tigers,Henshel Tigers,etc etc.If their beancounters don't want "Modern" AFV's(I'd go NUTS for a Merkava and a Leopard,but I degress) then at least do some WW2 French,Italian,Japanese items.Ya know WW2 wasn't just the US,Russia and Germany,LOL.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Yeah, that 1:32 M113 never got made. They did make a 1:32 M113 variant that had the TOW launchers mounted on it, but a standard version with the cargo racks (like their little 1:72 version) would have been cool.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."