Heer's Collection

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Heer's Collection

Post by Heer » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:53 am

The models in their boxes. All FOV 1/32 and one 1/32 Ultimate soldier.

"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

PanzerArm
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Heer's Collection

Post by PanzerArm » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:21 am

Man that looks familiar lol, especially that top box. I think 90% of my stuff is in boxes similar to that, soon to be more as I continue packing for the move.

-Kevin

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:41 am

The second "layer" of tanks.

"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by GI546 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:55 pm

Nice collection! I'm sure when you took those pictures, your models were like "ahh, finally some fresh air!"
I prefer putting my models in the open. Whats the point of having them if you cant see them on a daily basis?
Shelves are the way to go, in my opinion.

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:04 pm

Space is definitely the reason GI546. Personally I would say I have 350+ vehicles, 21st and FOV, that are out of the box. That is an estimate, but there are way too many to display in the room my wife allowed for hobby stuff. I have about 50 on display on the available space (1 bookshelf, 2 display cases, and a hobby desk), and that is mostly the unique stuff (customs and what have you). The rest of my "stock" OOB stuff is packed just like Heer's (although I do put bubble wrap between my layers). I wish I could display them all, but I would need a very large room to do so. I am thinking that when i move back to AZ after flight school the next home we own will have some of that shelving that goes around the circumference of the room, p there by the ceiling, and see how many I can get away with displaying then.

-Kevin

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Yes, space is a factor. However, I have ingeniously placed all my veficles in the cardboard box, so that they won't be damaged. In fact, I spent hours trying to place my vehicles perfectly, so that they won't be damaged. Al the loose accesories are placed in ziplock bags throughout the box as well. I also used some of the wall pieces to "support" the tanks.

My "light vehicles and the 88 flak gun are placed in a totally different box , as they are much more fragile than my tiger 1. My kubelwagens, 88 flak, zundapp, etc. are placed in a blue tool box type box.

All my tanks are NICE AND CUDDLEY IN THE BOX :D

miggles
Corporal
Corporal

Post by miggles » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:31 pm

I used to have my vehicles stored like that in a box. But the collection grew now pushing over 100 1:32nd vehicles. I starting putting them in the plastic bins used for storing storing stuff under the bed. They work like a charm. Keeps dust and moisture out as well as make them easily store able.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving."

-Col. Walter E Kurtz

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Some of my 1/144 dragon can do stuff:
Railway vehicles

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:29 pm

A lot of my collection looks like that as well, stored in boxes and all. However, I use clear plastic bins so at least I can see what's inside. Others are stashed away in cupboards around 1:18 models. A very select few (my favorites) are out on permanent display. One day, I will have a room with clear display cases or lots of unused shelving so they can all sit out together :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by GI546 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Yeah, I understand. Space is definetley a factor. Not a real issue for me though, as I only have about 25 models.
I'm sure thry'll be in a box someday, but for now they're on the shelves.

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:57 pm

Brand new addition: signaure 1/18 mercedes 770k