1/32 helicoper ?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Bandit
Corporal
Corporal

1/32 helicoper ?

Post by Bandit » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:21 am

Hi, Has anyone on here deal with model helicoper kits. Do they made a 1/32 Kit now or are they all older Kits. I like to built a huey. Which would be a good kit to get?
I saw some 1/32 scale on e-bay but they are from the 70'S. How do they go with 1/32 scale Armor?
I only rode in one one time. { Got sicK< LOL} So what is the best kit? Any ideas? Thanks All.

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: 1/32 helicoper ?

Post by Dauntless » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:59 pm

The only 1:32 kits in any quantity are the Revell helicopters. They are old yes, but there's a Huey, Huey Cobra, Apache, and Hughes whirlybirds, as well as a couple civilian copters. The prices aren't bad either, so low risk if you don't like them.

Motorworks made a diecast Huey, but it only comes up occasionally. Testors makes a 1:32 cheap kit with low detail.

I'm not sure but there is a 1:32 Sea King out there too. Monogram maybe?
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:34 pm

* I bought this awhile back off greedbay pretty cheap. It's a 1:32 diecast Vietnam Huey .

- MG :hornet:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:35 pm

...that doesn't look too bad for a pre-made Huey. 8) Who makes it?

I was checking ebay for 1:32 helicopters and there's prebuilt Sea King and Apache by New Ray also.

There's a rare Revell Puma I'd never seen that's out of production and expensive.

Academy and Trumpeter make plenty of 1:35 helicopters. I guess they think it's more of an armor ground support scale thing, while at the same time they both make 1:32 aircraft. Different scales for armor verses aircraft across the board with model companies except Revell. I don't get it. :?

Really too bad when there's a Chinook in 1:35 but no 1:32.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Foxhole Toys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Foxhole Toys » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:36 am

That loose photo of the 1:32 scale Huey is ours. We sold a couple on ebay not too long ago. It's actually a pretty nice diecast model. The grenade launcher pivots/elevates, as well as the door's M60 machine guns. The doors slide, rotors spin and it is pretty detailed inside the cabin and cockpit, too. It's also quite heavy. Pick one up if you get the chance...you'll be very happy with it!

Cheers,
Matt
Foxhole Toys ..."Dive in!"
www.FoxholeToys.com

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Old Revell kits in 1/32 go well with FOV or 21st vehicles. Another old Revell kit includes the Hughes Cayuse. There are more. There is also the Apache from NewRay and Testors. Watch out for the other NewRay choppers they are 1/34 and 1/40 scales. The Airpower Huey is great although it is Vietnam vintage. I don't understand why no one makes a 1/32 Blackhawk.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."