New FoV 1:32 2012 (with pics!)

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
PanzerArm
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: New FoV 1:32 2012 (with pics!)

Post by PanzerArm » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:44 pm

Another interesting thing about that tiger is that FOV has already made a s.pz.abt 501 King Tiger:

Now, my unit history on the 501st post-Tunisia is a bit rusty, but to my knowledge there would have been a time in the summer of 1944, June-July, that they would have fielded both tiger Is and tiger IIs. So theoretically, this could make for a good pairing. I know the King Tiger is supposed to be an Ohrdruf tiger, i.e. it would have only been around post-August I think, but the King Tigers they received in June-July would have been similarly marked methinks.

EDIT: Just looked it up, there was also a time in September 1944 where they received some Tiger Is from s.pz.abt 509.

And Mitch, I most certainly WILL NOT buy that damn Chaffee! I can't believe they would make a tank that:

A) Has already been made by another manufacturer
B) Barely served in WWII
C) No one was asking for!!!!!

I am done giving FoV any of my money...

-Kevin

Wrights Collectables
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Wrights Collectables » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:43 pm

PanzerArm wrote:Another interesting thing about that tiger is that FOV has already made a s.pz.abt 501 King Tiger:

Now, my unit history on the 501st post-Tunisia is a bit rusty, but to my knowledge there would have been a time in the summer of 1944, June-July, that they would have fielded both tiger Is and tiger IIs. So theoretically, this could make for a good pairing. I know the King Tiger is supposed to be an Ohrdruf tiger, i.e. it would have only been around post-August I think, but the King Tigers they received in June-July would have been similarly marked methinks.

EDIT: Just looked it up, there was also a time in September 1944 where they received some Tiger Is from s.pz.abt 509.

And Mitch, I most certainly WILL NOT buy that damn Chaffee! I can't believe they would make a tank that:

B) Barely served in WWII

-Kevin
Nice bit of research on the Tiger 1.

What a great pair of big cats!

Don't agree with you 100% on the Chaffee, it excites me more than another US cargo truck... :lol:

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:31 am

PanzerArm wrote:Another interesting thing about that tiger is that FOV has already made a s.pz.abt 501 King Tiger:

B) Barely served in WWII

-Kevin
Well, I have many thanks for Panzerarm for pointing me to the right direction a few weeks back when I was trying to find a suitable king tiger. He recommended this tigeras well. Very nice piece. I am also aware that FOV made this exact same tank but in 2 sepearate releases. One with tank riders and one without. I was lucky to enough to find one on ebay for $50 BIN and free shipping.

On another note I am glad with FOV's choice with this paint scheme( not another normandy one). But I am still hoping that FOV would release a panther preferable a normandy one. :D
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

binder001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by binder001 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:59 am

B) Barely served in WWII

A) As mentioned, at least there are some changes, not just a re-pop. Guys will buy the same Tiger over and over with just a paint job change :-)
B) At least it beats out the Pershing, which stays very popular with collectors. With US production capacity the M24 flooded into Europe in 1945. The British got some, there were at least a few in Italy and multiple units were running them in the drive across Germany. Plus their service in Korea, with the French in Viet Nam, etc, etc.
C) Can't argue with that one

Gary B.

NHoggard12
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NHoggard12 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:00 am

Definitely agree with you Heer; FoV needs to release a normandy panther, or at least one with zimmerit.
Let's see how the chaffee turns out; it may be something worth buying....maybe

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:51 am

NHoggard12 wrote:Let's see how the chaffee turns out; it may be something worth buying....maybe
I'm with you about the Chaffee... It does look pretty decent in the pictures and is a nice late-war tank that compliments the M-26. I can see from the picture that it will certainly make up for some of the less-refined elements of the 21c version (as do many of the FOV duplicate versions). But the 21c version has a lot going for it that FOV will be hard-pressed to improve upon. FOV could prove us wrong, however, and make a really nice model.

I guess what irks me (and probably most of the rest of us) is that we wait for FOV to do something exciting in the way of new armor and despite all the myriad of subjects that are out there, they give us something that a competitor has done with the prospect they likely won't improve on it much...

However, I guess the same could be said for the Sherman, Tiger, Panther, Jagdpanther, King Tiger (Henschel & Porsche variants), Jagdtiger, Panzer IVD/F, Panzer IVG/H, Wirblewind, M5 Stuart, M3 Halftrack, SDK-251 Hanomag, SDK-7 primemover, 88mm gun, Opel Blitz, and a few other vehicles :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:11 pm

If FOV decides to make a soviet tank this year, I would think that a t-34 would be appropriate. If they do decide to release a t-34, then it will be the first allied tank in my 1/32 tank collection.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:32 pm

NHoggard12 wrote:Yeah, i believe the tiger is a 1/72 dragon armor release. is that correct?
i am pretty sure
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:19 pm

Panzer_M wrote:
NHoggard12 wrote:Yeah, i believe the tiger is a 1/72 dragon armor release. is that correct?
i am pretty sure
Here is a picture of 311:

Here is dragon armor's rendition:

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:06 pm

Those are most certainly different tanks. The photo is a very early version with what I believe to be the S.Pz.Abt 503 in 1942-43.

I have never seen an actual photo of "311" of the S.Pz.Abt 501, but the only ones I have seen of that unit during that time have all the tanks in white wash.

Here is a good link with photos:

http://www.tiif.de/thread.php?threadid= ... 9f7&page=1

-Kevin

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:17 pm

OOPS :o , I didn't see the grenade launchers in the picture. Here is another 311. Caption says it's 503, however. :(

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by GI546 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:22 pm

[/quote]

All I can suggest is that you all email Unimax with your ideas. :wink:[/quote]

E-mailing unimax is actually a good idea. 2 years ago I e-mailed them requesting some more german troops and a Big Red One infantry squad, and they delivered.
I'm just glad that they are releasing something. the 88 and the chaffe are on my want list, though it seems the chaffe looks a little too clean.