Dragon Armor Jadgpanther 60007 Question

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Dragon Armor Jadgpanther 60007 Question

Post by Heer » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:18 pm

I have just recently ordered this jagdpanther and have a question for those who are familiar with this topic. It seems that this particular vehicle is painted in a soviet-style green and it's tactical numbering,"320", is also in a soviet-style font. There is, however, a balkencross on the vehicle. The box does say" Panzer Lehr Division, spring 1945 Hungary". Is this an imagenery scheme?If not, is there any evidence that this scheme was used? By the way, this is a nice vehicle, considering that this was one of dragon's earlier releases.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

PAK38
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Dragon Armor Jadgpanther 60007 Question

Post by PAK38 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:03 pm

My sources indicate that directives were issued in February, 1945 to use a dark olive green as the base coat on all new armored vehicles. I don't know whether this particular vehicle existed or not, however.

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Dragon Armor Jadgpanther 60007 Question

Post by Heer » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:19 pm

Here's the product photo of the particular vehivle I am talking about:

http://www.dragon-models.com/catalog/dragon_armor/
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel