Ihobby news

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Officer - Brigadier General

Ihobby news

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:08 pm

many guys asked quetions and ill try t0 answer them here.

Dragon:
~they are planning on one of the new 1/72 pieces being released before christmas but not sure which
~the new 1/6 Panzer IIB will be a Dx10 special pre built & painted retail is about 500 bucks
~the new releases for the 1/400 scale legends of aviation is still up in the air but they are hoping for atleast one before the holidays

FOV:
~the next large armor piece will be a Panther

JSI:
there will be no new releases this year except fpr the delayed Black Knights which are expected late november early December

Century wings:
next release will be an F-14 Pukin DOGS paint scheme

HM:
i was able to see the prototypes for the new priest,devastator and JU-52 all look great. the stand out will be the PRIEST! they really did a great job

Rumors abound with news from a reliable source that Allgo is working on some 1/32 aircraft releases. my source says FW-190's & P-51's a few old pieces and a couple new ones. he said 3 planes in total
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

Panzer_M

Re: Ihobby news

Post by Panzer_M » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:17 pm

figured the Panzer was going to be a DX10 since all the DX10s shown are all 1940 Blitzkrieg.

I wonder how much the secondary retailers are going to gouge us on the Panzer after the show.

http://www.dxpo.com/dx/10/exclusives/71450.asp

yep the Panzer is up on the site, 499

I need to find someone going to DX10 that I could trust to get me one.
Last edited by Panzer_M on Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:21 pm

I think Allgo should just pack in the towel. Too late collectors moved on to other scales or brands. One reason 21st 32x sold so well was it was cheap to have a done model...I doubt they can keep the WM pricepoint with online orders..so they will need to something special to rekindle the interest.

jkinzel

Post by jkinzel » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:41 pm

:? So FOV is gonna do a "Panther" wow that's never been done before.Where's a French Char bis or a Somua or Italian or Japanese WW2 tanks??Heck how about a Hungarian Turan?And lets get a little more "modern" where's a Leopard,T-55,Centurian,Merkava,LeClerc.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Century wings:
next release will be an F-14 Pukin DOGS paint scheme
Thanks for the info. Sure would be nice if CW would come out with something new, versus a 24th repaint of the F-14, even if it's a new scheme... :roll:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:28 pm

As much as a detractor of All-go I may seem, I sure wish that they would pop that King Tiger out.

I believe I might find a way of eatting crow and liking it as I opened a box containing such a monster.

If the Skyworks deal helps them produce this beast, then I am all for their merge and wish them luck on selling the A-10.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:09 pm

the FOV Panther is the bigboy the next in the series. last one was the sherman
i believe 1/16th scale?
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:56 pm

AMERICAN_GRENADIER:

Thanks very much for the info. I'm glad the JSI F-14 "Black Knights" is still in the works.
Also, I'm pleasantly surprised about FOV's 1/16 Panther---I would have expected a potential big-seller Panther instead of the Panzer announced earlier.

Any news about JSI pilots for the F-14?

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:05 pm

Well, I must agree that 1/16 is a no brainer, there are several RCs in that scale. These should be affordable and have decent accessories available now.

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:56 am

Glad CW is releasing a new squadron

Kinda jaded with them this last half of 2010,

Puking Dogs might just be the cure or a massive hangover
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace

Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Yoxford » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:52 am

AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Thanks again for asking all those questions...
& a 1/16 Panther is great news!
Hope they do Ernst Barkmann's Panther ...
The sign of a great model is that one’s eye is not drawn to any one feature, yet one can study it for hours and continually find something new.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:13 am

AMERICAN_GRENADIER wrote:many guys asked quetions and ill try t0 answer them here.

HM:
i was able to see the prototypes for the new priest,devastator and JU-52 all look great. the stand out will be the PRIEST! they really did a great job

Rumors abound with news from a reliable source that Allgo is working on some 1/32 aircraft releases. my source says FW-190's & P-51's a few old pieces and a couple new ones. he said 3 planes in total
Wonder if HM fixed the corrugated wings (or lack thereof) on the Devastator? These are all 1/72 right?

I think that Allgo should have done this in the first place with 1/32. If they still have the excellent newer FW-190 and the P-51D or B/C molds there's still a few repaints to turn out. Heck it would have been better to do a 1/32 "Passion Wagon" than the 1:18 one as a way to break back into the market. Not such a huge investment for them or potential buyers.

I'm hoping that the third plane would be a rumored Tempest, or a well known easy sell like a P-38 or P-40E/N, but any of the 32X planes repainted would be cool (Spitfire!!?...or Hartmann, Gunther Rall 109's! paleeze!)

I think it's a no brainer and good decision for Allgo if indeed there's any truth to the rumor. I hope so.

Thanks for the info AG!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:53 am

Panzer_M wrote:I think Allgo should just pack in the towel. Too late collectors moved on to other scales or brands. One reason 21st 32x sold so well was it was cheap to have a done model...I doubt they can keep the WM pricepoint with online orders..so they will need to something special to rekindle the interest.
The 32x line still sold well in online stores even after the end of Walmart and they sold quickly for $22-25 each, well above WM's pricepoint. I think the market is there and judging from Ebay sales, I would say the demand is definitely there. I always said that 21st could have sold these around the $25 range and it would have been worth it, especially the later releases. If Allgo can come back in at that pricepoint, I think they will sell well.
If Allgo does more repaints, I welcome more Spitfire repaints and 190A's which were sorely under done in the first round.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

claudiu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by claudiu » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:36 am

hi. does anyone know which dimensions are the new bravo team items from unimax fov?

snake

Post by snake » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:11 pm

hworth18 wrote:
Panzer_M wrote:I think Allgo should just pack in the towel. Too late collectors moved on to other scales or brands. One reason 21st 32x sold so well was it was cheap to have a done model...I doubt they can keep the WM pricepoint with online orders..so they will need to something special to rekindle the interest.
The 32x line still sold well in online stores even after the end of Walmart and they sold quickly for $22-25 each, well above WM's pricepoint. I think the market is there and judging from Ebay sales, I would say the demand is definitely there. I always said that 21st could have sold these around the $25 range and it would have been worth it, especially the later releases. If Allgo can come back in at that pricepoint, I think they will sell well.
If Allgo does more repaints, I welcome more Spitfire repaints and 190A's which were sorely under done in the first round.

Thanks for the info AG. :D

Agree with Harry, and Dauntless. All Go would have a market for 1/32 Spitfires, FW 190's and Corsairs, as these were under represented by 21 C. I would be interested in all three of these aircraft, and the molds are already done. A good starting point for All Go.

The 1/16 FoV Panther is a no brainer, but probably too much money for me, as I don't really do much armour, other than FoV and Dragon 1/32, 1/35.

Good to see another F-14 squadron being done by CW, as they haven't done another squadron in years.Other than the Iranian one. And Pukin Dogs is a good choice. Still waiting for them to do another aircraft though. Hopefully a Vigilante. :D

Thanks again AG.

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:12 pm

Bravo Team has 1/32 and 1/6.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

jkinzel

Post by jkinzel » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:23 pm

:?: Is All-Go EVER going to update their website.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Yoxford wrote:AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Thanks again for asking all those questions...
& a 1/16 Panther is great news!
Hope they do Ernst Barkmann's Panther ...
i hope so aswell!!!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:59 pm

AMERICAN_GRENADIER:

Any news on JSI pilots for the F-14?

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:19 pm

would be nice to see 1/72 DX issues come back this year..I still think the Bodo StuG is one of the best Dragon made in their ENTIRE line of 1/72 armour..and since they put out a 1/35 Pz IIB kit, and now planned 1/6 Pz II, a 1/72 scale would fit right in for the expo(since they still have unannounced exclusives still). Def would be something to look forward to for the end of December IIRC is when the Expo is going to happen.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:46 am

there will be no DX10 1/72 items

no word on jsi pilots
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:53 am

Didn't think DML was going to do a DX 1/72 I just thought it would be nice to see them come back.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:44 am

they always ask for input but never take it
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:43 am

The 1/16 FoV Panther is a no brainer, but probably too much money for me
Same here. I guess if you just had an extra $500 to spend, the FOV would be really neat with it's removeable engine and detailed interior, but with a little time and effort the Heng Long 1/16 RC Panther can be made in to a great looking first rate 1/16 Panther model, as I believe some of our members here have done, and you'll save about 300 clams in the process.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:10 am

OSTKETTEN:

I hope the Panther isn't $500 msrp....but I suspect even if it is $500, it will probably sell out (unlike the Sherman). Collectors familiar with the FOV Peiper King Tiger will buy a Panther knowing it may well increase in value.

I would consider the 1/16 Panther---as long as it's not a "yellow" paint scheme.