Macchi canopy detail

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Macchi canopy detail

Post by nooker21 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:25 pm

So I was always kind of bothered by the back of the 21C Macchi canopy, and how it had a bit of a gap between the fuselage and the glass. I always attributed this to the limitations of the toy. Now, I had been to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum a bunch of times, but I never really paid much attention to the Italian fighter there. So I was pleasantly surprised on my most recent visit to see that the actual fighter has that same exact flaw, and that 21C actually totally got this right!

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:04 pm

Yes, the 21c canopy is indeed accurate! Also notice that 21c got the wings right as well, with the left being longer than the right (to counter the engine torque). The only thing I felt that 21c really got wrong with their Macchis were the wing dihedral and thick wings, otherwise, they're pretty aircraft.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:43 pm

I would have loved to seen more Regia planes, esp a CR 42 in Regia and Luftwaffe colors.

I am going to have to order the HM Regia Stuka to go with my Dragon Regia 109G-2
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by nooker21 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Yeah, I've never looked closely at the wing lengths before. Too bad they messed up my favourite paint scheme (the Tarantola one) by having the fascist insignia backwards on the top of the right wing...