Jagdpanzer IV L/70 Dragon Armor "Huber"

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
JJVan
Corporal
Corporal

Jagdpanzer IV L/70 Dragon Armor "Huber"

Post by JJVan » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:59 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... y=223&rd=1

All going for a hefty price on e-bay.

Did any of you guys pre order it from Monkey Depot ? It was up last week for a day or 2 for $39.99. Might be a steal if they deliver or it might become like the WOH King Tiger last year. Started out high and fell fast. Seems like everyone was selling them and I think only 500 were suppose to be made ??

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:44 pm

Michtoy sent me an email today saying they have 10 for preorder.. So, get them while you can.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Eazy
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Eazy » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:51 am

Yeah i ordered mine from Monkey Depot who are nice folks to deal with.
Word from the DX event is that the prices for it are "out of control" so i'm glad mine is guaranteed.

JJVan
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JJVan » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:07 pm

They are good, I mostly get my Dragon stuff from them or ToyFed. .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... y=223&rd=1 Has a actual picture of it. Looks good. They say he has a book, but it must not be printed in English. I looked around and came up empty. Anybody have any links about this guy or the Ritter fellow with the KingTiger?

fullyautomatic
Corporal
Corporal

Huber Expo Prices

Post by fullyautomatic » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:12 pm

Prices were out of control.I was roughly the 6th person through the door when they opened this morning and there were only a couple of dealers that had any left.Price range was $50 up to $150.I was disappointed because I thought that each day there was going to be a certain number allocated to the public on a first come basis.Wrong!All the dealers got there's on Thursday and I heard that prices went up on Friday.I even saw last years King Tiger for $40.Have you seen E-bay prices at present for any of the Expo Exclusives.The Zundapp is going for Buy it Now $250.I was lucky though and ran into Mr Huber and got my tank signed so I guess it was worth it in the long run.Nice gentleman but very hard to understand.Very broken english.
Anyways I have a bunch of pic's but will wait for others to post first since my computer and my knowledge of posting them is limited.I didn't see any of the Hanomags that were supposed to be up and coming.Lots of T-34's though in different paint scemes and the new rail Mortors look very detailed.
Thats all.I spent lots of money and met lots of other collectors so it was all worth it in the end...

hawkonevoodoo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by hawkonevoodoo » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:03 pm

JJVan wrote:They are good, I mostly get my Dragon stuff from them or ToyFed. .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... y=223&rd=1 Has a actual picture of it. Looks good. They say he has a book, but it must not be printed in English. I looked around and came up empty. Anybody have any links about this guy or the Ritter fellow with the KingTiger?
Here's a link to the Dragon Expo 2005 web page concerning Huber. It shows his book and biography.
http://www.dxpo.com/dx/05/vip-huber-bio.asp
http://www.hobbymastercollector.com/

"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter."
- Winston Churchill

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:31 am

Eazy wrote:Yeah i ordered mine from Monkey Depot who are nice folks to deal with.
Word from the DX event is that the prices for it are "out of control" so i'm glad mine is guaranteed.
I ordered mine from there also, but I noticed that he now has some on EBAY.. Hopefully he will do the right thing and fill preorders.. If Not, I am not going to be a happy camper.. :?

I did email him and ask.. Hopefully I will get a good response.. :oops:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

JJVan
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JJVan » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:53 pm

Please let us know your outcome. I ordered mine through MonkeyDepot as well. Would've order through Michingan Toys with that early thread you posted. They were up when I checked it out, then take off next morning.

I've bought alot through MonkeyDepot so hopefully they won't let us down. I think you hooked me up with the site last year. :lol: for the WOH Kt. They've made some money becasue of you and the forum. Thanks for all the heads up.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:04 pm

JJVan wrote:Please let us know your outcome. I ordered mine through MonkeyDepot as well. Would've order through Michingan Toys with that early thread you posted. They were up when I checked it out, then take off next morning.

I've bought alot through MonkeyDepot so hopefully they won't let us down. I think you hooked me up with the site last year. :lol: for the WOH Kt. They've made some money becasue of you and the forum. Thanks for all the heads up.
JJ..
Yeah, that was me last year.. Monkeydepot has always done me right, And hopefully they will again.. I also ordered thru them exclusively and NOT thru Michtoy because I had 2 on order, Monkeydepot "GUARANTEED" that they would get them, and besides, I thought 2 were enough and didn't want any more..
-Howard Stark

Eazy
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Eazy » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:01 pm

I'm pretty optimistic about my order with Monkey Depot. They've never let me down before. Plus the fact that they charged for the item as soon as the order was placed suggests they intend to honour the deal.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:11 pm

Here is the response I got from Monkeydepot about filling their preorders..

Yes we will. We were able to bring 3 or 4 tanks back on the plane. The rest are coming by truck from Atlanta. Please see below:

Hello,

We have been away at the Dragon Expo 2005. We had a great time and it was nice to see so many of our east coast customers. We will be back in the shop and getting things back together tomorrow. Our merchandise is still in transit from Atlanta GA. We will begin to ship orders and start getting caught up on Thursday the 28th. Please be patient with us as we have been gone over a week and have a lot of catching up to do.

So, it looks like the good folks at theMonkeydepot will come thru for us once again.... :wink:
-Howard Stark

JJVan
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JJVan » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:08 am

Thanks for the info. I find it a bit weird and strange; and I wonder if MR.Huber does as well.... Here's a guy who was fighting for Germany, killing people and now he's the star of the show. I wonder what he would have thought about this 60 years before hand ?? My father was in the Pacific and he hated and disliked talking about what he saw and witnessed. He never talked to us kids at the time, only to my mother. He has since passed on and I often wonder what kind of stories he had to tell and if he would've tell them now. We humans are funny people... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 27294&rd=1 A pic of him sighning tanks at the show. I have nothing against anybody, it just struck me when I saw the picture. Made me wonder what he was thinking ? Did anyone get a chance to talk to Mr. Huber ?

smh_1021
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by smh_1021 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:49 pm

Johann Huber seemed quite genuine - somewhat difficult to understand. He came across as being an individual that (at least from what I could understand) would not wish war/conflict on anyone. When I was getting a tank signed, I gestured to the Jagdpanzer to see if I could get a response on how he felt serving in the vehicle - he motioned for me to 'wait' with his finger, wlaked over to get a small, personal binder from his small attache. What a wealth of information - diagrams showing what the 'target' ranges were for various armor on the Eastern Front (including Shermans - he indicated that he fought against American-supplied Shermans on the Russian Front), and a picture of a Russian JS heavy tank.

I really am unfamiliar with his personal history, but I enjoyed meeting the individua - and, as I indicated, he seemed genuine and appreciative that he was invited.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:03 pm

Has anyone that ordered thru Monkeydepot received thier Huber tank yet????

BTW, Themotorpool is has some for sale:

Dragon's limited edition 1:72 scale diecast replica of Johann Huber's Jagdpanzer IV L/70 tank destroyer.

Now only
$249.99

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
-Howard Stark

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:17 pm

hworth18 wrote: BTW, Themotorpool is has some for sale:

Dragon's limited edition 1:72 scale diecast replica of Johann Huber's Jagdpanzer IV L/70 tank destroyer.

Now only
$249.99

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
LOL, I paid just $40 for one from Michigan Toy Soldier and got it last week. Got another one off a friend of mine for just $30.

Michigan Toy Soldier no longer lists this tank. However, I have to give them credit when they never raised their price above $40 even when these were selling on Ebay for over $100.

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Huber Tank

Post by lightning2000 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:00 pm

Hello,
Actually, we're sold out of the tank. Every piece went to fill pre-orders and the price listed on our web site is what we feel a signed piece is currently worth based on recent auctions.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.bigstep.com
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

pwedeswe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pwedeswe » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:41 pm

hworth18 wrote:Has anyone that ordered thru Monkeydepot received thier Huber tank yet????
I also have one on order from the MonkeyDepot but it has not turned up yet. How about you? Did you get yours?

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:38 pm

pwedeswe wrote:
hworth18 wrote:Has anyone that ordered thru Monkeydepot received thier Huber tank yet????
I also have one on order from the MonkeyDepot but it has not turned up yet. How about you? Did you get yours?
No, I haven't but I called them today and I was assured they will be sent as soon as they receive them.. They are on the "slow" boat from China.. Literally.... :oops:
-Howard Stark

JJVan
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JJVan » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:47 am

I recieved mine about a week after they came back from the show. Think it was about 2 weeks ago ? I ordered 3, and got 3. They are very nice indeed. I still need a 1st Whittman to complete my collection, so I might sell 1 or maybe 2 to pick up a Whittman on e-bay :( -- unless anyone's got a extra to sell or trade ? The Monkey Depot came through for me, hope you guys get yous soon.

Eazy
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Eazy » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:47 pm

I've received mine from Monkey Depot. It arrived here in the UK earlier this week.

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Huber-Mensche

Post by lightning2000 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:43 pm

Hey Harry,
In case you cant obtain one from your usual supply channels, I think I can help you out. No promises just yet. Anyway, let me know if you're interested.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.bigstep.com
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:02 pm

Thanks for the offer Lightning.. I am confident that I will get what I paid for, they have always come thru for me before.. :wink:
-Howard Stark

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:46 am

I finally received my Huber Jagdpanzer IVs today from the Mokeydepot.. It took a while, but they finally came thru.. :wink:
-Howard Stark