FOV Jadgpanther problems

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Sniper73
Corporal
Corporal

FOV Jadgpanther problems

Post by Sniper73 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:53 pm

Hey Guys,

So I recieved my Jagd and it is great except that I have a lot of trouble attaching the shurtzen. I have only been able to attach one of the smaller pieces and even that doesn't really fit correctly. Do you have any tips on how to get them attached?

Sorry if this has been covered already

Bill (Sniper73)

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:01 am

The trick is to slide them down onto the tabs. You can snap them on right from the front but it is hard to do. Line them up on the sides on so the mounting tabs are located at the bottom of the slots of the skirts (look behind and line them up) and slide them down. It may take a bit of force to do this. You should notice a "snap" when they are all the way on. You may be able to do one or two slots at a time on the linger pieces.

TJ

Sniper73
Corporal
Corporal

thanks!

Post by Sniper73 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:19 pm

Hey krieglok,

Thanks for the tip, I have tried sliding but I was worried about snapped the tabs off. But I will try again with some more pressure on them.

My jagd crew is getting nervous about its tracks getting knocked off without the shurtzen to protect them heheh.

Thanks again
Bill

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

barrel

Post by EnemyAce » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:41 am

The gun barrel looks a little thin in the photos...has anyone measured it to see if it is to scale?

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:30 am

Yes it does seem a bit thin. When you compare to the FOV Tiger I, the barrel is down right skinny. When compared to the 88 on the FOV King Tiger, they are about the same size. I have not actually measured them, but to the eye, they look too thin. Also, the FOV Jagdpanther is the early version with the one piece barrel, so it is the same diameter from muzzle to mantlet, again adding the illusion or obviousness(is that a word?) that the barrel doesnt fit the scale or tank in proportion. The barrel actually seems more 1/35th scale than 1/32 scale.

TJ

panzertruppen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by panzertruppen » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:41 am

I had a problem with the schurzen. One tab broke off when I put one schurzen on. Although actually it looks better like this (looks like it's been through battles) because it's hanging off.
"The engine of the Panzer is a weapon just as the main gun."

Major-General Heinz Guderian

ltcbj
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ltcbj » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:09 am

I am surprised when FoV accessory pieces fit easily.
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!