FOV 1/32 Aircraft Delayed till 2006

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
FETCO
Company Rep - Fetco Toy Soldiers
Company Rep - Fetco Toy Soldiers

Post by FETCO » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:46 pm

Received word from FOV Fri the 16th
: ITEM #80223 US MUSTANG, 80224 UK SPITFIRE AND 80025 GERMAN RED29 HAVE BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL 2006
Don't know anymore at this time, was sure looking forward to the Planes. If I hear any different I will let you know. :(
Tom C (fetco)
www.fetcotoysoldiers.com

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:02 pm

Bummer... I was looking forward to the new 109 and Spit.. :cry:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:01 am

Oh no! 21st and Bbi in a collaboration, must have taken over operations for FOV to get back at us for small scale collecting in the 18th scale "Dry Season" :lol:

Seriously though, I believe we've heard of pushed back dates from Unimax, and been suprised to find the item or items werent pushed back as far as originally claimed, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

Winky
Corporal
Corporal

FOV delays

Post by Winky » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:35 pm

This is very sad, but being a toy soldier addict means WAITING. I hope it doesn't mean trouble for FOV. I'm still looking forward to their accessory sets (mirrors, bathtubs, roadblocks, German Sheppards, clocks, British mail boxes, etc.). Anybody know anything about their release dates?

Dick

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:56 pm

ha ha...

(misery loves company)

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:01 pm

aferguson wrote:ha ha...

(misery loves company)

<<yawn>>
at least "misery" will have the new 72nd FOV aircraft before the shelves of Walmart are graced with 104's and Avengers :twisted:

<clipping FOV UPC/Proof of Purchase for the soon to be announced Unimax Special offer>LoL

donnieboy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by donnieboy » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:20 pm

I came across a post by "FOV collecter" on the Model Hangar website, in which he gave the e-maill address of an FOV company rep in Hong Kong. Her name is Candy Dong (no I'm not making this up!) and her e-mail address is [email protected]. I wrote her regarding the FOV 1:32 airplane situation and she told me some very good news. Only S2 versions of the P-51D, Bf-109G, and Spitfire IX will be delayed to 2006. The S1 versions will come out THIS YEAR
in the August-September time-frame. She said FOV welcomes suggestions from fans, so send her yours- I did (about 8000!). :D
Go Starbuck!

hawkonevoodoo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: FOV 1/32 Aircraft Delayed till 2006

Post by hawkonevoodoo » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:20 pm

donnieboy wrote:I came across a post by "FOV collecter" on the Model Hangar website, in which he gave the e-maill address of an FOV company rep in Hong Kong. Her name is Candy Dong (no I'm not making this up!) and her e-mail address is [email protected]. I wrote her regarding the FOV 1:32 airplane situation and she told me some very good news. Only S2 versions of the P-51D, Bf-109G, and Spitfire IX will be delayed to 2006. The S1 versions will come out THIS YEAR
in the August-September time-frame. She said FOV welcomes suggestions from fans, so send her yours- I did (about 8000!). :D
I'm glad to see someone else is actually emailing Candy. She is excellent with replies and answers. Not like most other manufacturers that don't reply or if they do it is some form letter reply that tells you nothing.
FOV actually check this forum and another one or two looking to see what the collector wants, doesn't want, praises or complaints about their product and any suggestions for improvement and wish lists. It still is better to email FOV personally, I think it shows a definite interest.
[email protected]

I received an email as well from Candy, telling me that the planes and vehicles are on schedule. Even if one or two are delayed they will be delivering some. The way I look at it, it is better to delay the release of a product if it isn't up to standard. This way when it does get released it should be a superb model. I can hardly wait for the next 1/72 vehicles and planes.
http://www.hobbymastercollector.com/

"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter."
- Winston Churchill

Mirage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: FOV delays

Post by Mirage » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:00 pm

Winky wrote:This is very sad, but being a toy soldier addict means WAITING. I hope it doesn't mean trouble for FOV. I'm still looking forward to their accessory sets (mirrors, bathtubs, roadblocks, German Sheppards, clocks, British mail boxes, etc.). Anybody know anything about their release dates?

Dick
Are they really releasing accessory packs? That would totally rock. :D
Whenever i see something screech across the room and latch onto a guy's neck while he screams trying to get it off, i have to laugh because ..what is that thing.

hawkonevoodoo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by hawkonevoodoo » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:58 pm

I just received this email from Panache Place, the U.S. importer and distributor for FOV.

Hi Dave,

I just received word yesterday that a container is on the way with these new releases on board:
1/32
84306 Pave Hawk
80218 T-34 80304 German Tiger 1
82205 Kubelwagen

1/72
88200 1:72 Plane Asst. (which contains #85229 UK Hurricane, #85030 German Ju87B-2 St.G 1
and #85430 German Ju87R-2 St.G 2)

The shipment should arrive by the end of the month so my customers should have them by the
middle of August. This is, of course, without any weather problems and a swift turnaround at
the port. Due to the terror alert level being elevated, we may see a bit of a slow down at the port.

More will be on their way soon as another container should be on the water by the end of the month.
No need to keep this under wraps - I'm in the process of contacting my customers right now to
confirm their orders.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Lisa

I hope this helps everyone so they will know when and what to expect.
http://www.hobbymastercollector.com/

"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter."
- Winston Churchill