The Mother Load

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
JeffSmith
Private First Class
Private First Class

The Mother Load

Post by JeffSmith » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:28 am

Hello,
If someone is looking for a particular piece that has been recently released add it to this thread, I have found a ton of 21st century toys in my hood. <-- like the slang?, lol. I also know where to find alot of fov now, but there are about 1000 pieces of 21st C around close to me in all scales. Nobody is buying them around where I live so I am taking advantage of this situation. I will check this thread often, I am seing some pieces that were put out in 07' and even possibly earlier if I am not mistaking. I got info from this site and if the info is correct, some of these toys have been sitting for a minute. I am on the prowl!!!

mikeg
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by mikeg » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:36 am

SO,... you live out in oakdale Ca, work at BCA, and acknowledge that business in slow at the moment????????????????????????

all jesting aside... enlighten us.

RAD 2112
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RAD 2112 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:16 pm

I second the motion.
There is no security in this life. There is only opportunity.
- Gen Douglas MacArthur

Safe Trader List:
Black Lion VF-213, hworth18, KWR190, nooker 21, Olifant, Tmanthegreat, Trigger1, V2 MAN, vulgarvulture, Coreyeagle48

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:58 pm

Seems like you'll have plenty of time to prowl and compile a substantial list of items while you wait for your six month probationary period for buying, selling, and trading on this board to go by.

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

olifant

Post by olifant » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:46 pm

Ruger wrote:Seems like you'll have plenty of time to prowl and compile a substantial list of items while you wait for your six month probationary period for buying, selling, and trading on this board to go by.

MV
Historically new members gain even more street cred by shipping their finds to their fellow board members free of charge, skirting the BST rules. :wink:

J/K :twisted:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

JeffSmith
Private First Class
Private First Class

oops

Post by JeffSmith » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:00 am

I am new, am i doing something wrong? Is their some time of probation period here? What am I trying to skip? and no I don't work or live in Cali, I am on the right coast. About 5000 miles from Cali. maybe i need read again and see if i missed something. I just found a load of 1/32, 1/72, 1/144 scale toys most of which are 21c and thought I would help someone find something they may be missing. My mistake, will not happen again.

JeffSmith
Private First Class
Private First Class

I see now

Post by JeffSmith » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:31 am

ok I see what I am doing wrong now. I never went to the buy/sell/trade section. I just read the rules at that section. I have not been here 6 months yet. Oops, my mistake. I am not trying to scam anyone just a simple mistake. I guess I need to watch the rules a little closer.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:11 am

Well, tell us what you see or find; take pictures and post here if you can or will- don't be offended, all claims of glorious and immaculate finds are greeted with the usual acceptable level of scepticism by those here. Thrill us with details soon or ADD will set in. Overall, we have seen the availability of the product become stagnent or diminish at most retail locations.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:54 am

This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:05 pm

ya think?????

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:36 pm

be kind
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:53 pm

kindness is my middle name.. I replied to his posting out of sheer kindness upon hearing of his remarkable cornupcopia of 21st sightings, kinda like the days of yore. If it happened to us years ago, to some degree, then it happened to JeffSmith... When you get the opportunity, JeffSmith, let us know what you find..

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:47 pm

Which would be kind.

In fact, Jeff, where are you? Then any of us could go scout out the wonders you have found.

yes?
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:14 pm

AHH..Now thats NUANCE we can all understand!!

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:35 pm

It's certainl;y in the spirit.

The suggestion began with an I can get them for you.

Well, we're spread all over the country. Chances are that some of us may very well be in Jeff's AO. At least some of some of those us would be interested in checking out that cornucopia and have been here more than six months and could do just what Jeff so kindly offered,

Right Jeff?

Or just go get our own if so inclined.

It also sounds as if you, Jeff, live in an afrea both lacking in collectors and lacking in good sense on the p[art of store buyers who are apparently stocking lots of stuff that have no consumer base.

So, where are you?

olifant

Post by olifant » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:39 pm

OK fellers, lets cut the guy some slack. He does state "in all scales" which if you include figures and those feet puncturing 1/144th pieces is not unreasonable.

In my AO there is only one non-big box hobby store which carries a very lame collection of 1/32 AC and Armor so I don't expect much. When I head north and stop at hobby shops which have a combined 50 FOV and 21C in 1/32 and 1/18 my eyes go wide. If I was new to the hobby it would be like a gold mine.

It could be that Jeff truly has stumbled upon a shop which has a few F/A-18s, Spitfires and Cobras. Unlikely, but not outside the realm of possibility.

I for one am excited to hear his report out. And for the 21C 1/32 Jagdpanther I never got I will gladly go covert on an illicit new guy BST! :twisted:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:44 pm

I guess Jeff is somewhere around Myrtle Beach, SC as he mentions going into a store there. I am near there, continentally speaking, but not so close as to do an easy recon. I know up here, around Jacksonville, NC there are plenty of Wal-Marts, Targets and a good old fashioned hobby shop (The Hobby Chest) but not anything close to the many items Jeff has mentioned.

Any coastal (south) Carolinians among us??

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:28 pm

Jeff needs to find TWO Jagdpanthers because I want the other one.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:51 pm

Welcome to the board JeffSmith. 8)

Any thing in 1/18th?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:27 pm

When my 6 mo. is up I'm looking for a few of the 1:32 P-47 Thunderbolts and later sculpt P-51D Mustangs. (Not he recent sharkmouth D or P-51 B's and C's)
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

JeffSmith
Private First Class
Private First Class

some finds

Post by JeffSmith » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:18 am

Ok i will mention some of the finds, I have only been looking at the 1/32 scale planes. But noticed alot of other items in different scales. 1/32 planes I have found in walmarts, multiple walmarts. I am new to the hobby so I may not be exact in my information, but I will do my best. These are the ones I picked up, there are multiples of some of the ones I mention but I only bought one of each plane. P-51 with shark painting at prop. p-51 princess, p-51 bull frog, spitfire with red lettering, p47 bubble top- Angie, p-47 bubble top s-Lm, it is green and grey colored. Those are the ones I bought in my first round of buying. There are more to choose from but I spent myself a little thin. I will be going back in a couple days. These are all at retail stores, there is only one hobby shop that carries the type planes to my knowledge in my area, and I have yet to get to that hobby shop. There are alot of pieces per store, most of it doesn't do me much good because it is smaller scales. I have not found a jagpanther that I know of, I am just reading the front of each box. I was in MyrtleBeach when I first saw these type planes. I live near Gatlinburg, Tennessee. That is where I am finding large lots of this type toy. Not sure why everyone doubts me? lol. I have no reason to lie about it, What I am finding is multiples of these same plane in each store. example I have saw 8 of the p-47 bubbletop green and white planes and only 2 of the p-47 bubble top with Angie. Other things I am seeing are loads of army tanks, panzer was one I remember, oh yeah there were some dogfight planes 2 in a package not bought any of those yet. Alot of figures of soldiers, i didn't look at them that close. I have yet to see any 1/18 scale of this type toy. My reason for the post was ( before I found out that I had to wait 6 months) was to try and trade some planes that I find here that other people may not be able to find for ones that I don't have. On the average per walmart I am finding approximately 10 to 15 planes 1/32 scale but alot of multiples of the same plane. Keep in mind I am new to this hobby and don't know the first person in my area that collects these toys so my numbers are at least somewhat accurate but my description may be off other than reading straight from the box or attempting to describe the plane since there are diff paint for the same plane. I counted at one walmart 52 1/144 scales tanks. It just caught my attention, not sure why I even counted them but I did. I am not 100% sure but I think it was the same tank. Anyway I will keep posting, may just try to post pics as I buy them.

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:29 am

Thank you Jeff. Pictures would be great.

tyconut
Corporal
Corporal

Post by tyconut » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:45 am

Not sure why everyone doubts me?
21st Century is in trouble and hasn't released much of anything new lately.

Stock piles are drying up everywhere.

In my area, one walmart has stopped carrying 21st century altogether and most of all the other stores have cut back on the product line.

Readers of your posts may beleave you are trying to scam them. That is the reason there is a six month wait before you can BST here.

That aside, welcome to the hobby.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:50 am

Oh, we never doubted you, JeffSmith, it's just that when one speaks of various finds, big and small, we like immediate descriptions of such finds; its just the nature of the XD beast and the allegiance it demands. The planes you've listed are the crux of the current offerings at walmart and TRU, etc. You may find some various FW's at TRU. I've also found restock? on the 144th tanks at walmart. Your far more likely to find 1/18th stuff at TRU than walmart nowadays.

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:18 am

There were two FW-190s discounted at the Wal Mart in Morehead City. Since I do not collect 1/32 airplanes I payed them slight heed. I think that they were later model FWs and I do remember that they have a kind of speckled paint job.

That's probably as helpful as Jeff's "panzer" note but I guess a plane collector might say something like "it was painted in different colors with big bands around the wheels."