Easy Model 1/72 December Review

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Gunner
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Easy Model 1/72 December Review

Post by Gunner » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:01 am

Just got the following from my local hobby shop:

35017 - 1/72 Russian BTR-80

37006 - 1/72 Eurocopter Tiger Attack Helo

Both are nicely done. The helo especially has fewer prominent mold lines (a problem I noted in an earlier review of another Easy Model helo). The horizontal stabilizer on the tail is skewed to the right of the model, which is correct, and it is skewed at the correct angle.

The BTR-80 is also nice. It has visible mold lines at the corners, but the tires are especially clean and nicely done and the turret rotates and the gun elevates. The grab rails along each side are thin enough plastic to look good and the light weathering makes the vehicle look like it should be out in the field, not in a showroom.

However, the headlight sticks up enough to prevent the turret from rotating to the right with the gun at full depression, which may (or may not) be incorrect.

Neither model had serious paint or glue flaws, showing that MRC has addressed some of the quality issues that I noted a few months ago.

Since MRC is continuing to put out models that no one else does, it's darn hard to complain, and I believe these were WELL worth the money, even given the grief I got from the wife for buying stuff just before Christmas...
- - - - - - - - -
All of us have skeletons in the closet. Only some of us have bodies in the freezer, though...

Obi2kenobi
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Obi2kenobi » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:28 am

Thanks for reviewing these models. MRC is well priced compared to Dragon. I was tempted to get the BTR, but now I'll get it for sure.